Vox Starstream (If only I were rich :cry:)

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

oh mate, that is so ugly it's awful!!!
:lol:

My wife hates it, and says that a guitar should not look like a mandolin. I admit that the sunburst is not the finish I would have chosen; but I'm a sucker for all of the chrome retro/tech fixtures. I even like the teardrop shape, because it reminds me of a Chinese Pipa.

• Members

I have a Vox Teardrop but it's one of those white, solid body Brian Jones affairs.

It's as close as I could get to the Sonic Boom guitar!

i got the zvex drip, so its kind of like that. that said, it aint the best guitar to play. you have to stand up almost. i saw me a starscream like 5 yrs back in ochanomize for like $1800. Those gtrs look cool as f*ck but theyre not really used prbly for the shape.

yes, sonic boom and will sergeant for me...

that said, the repeater sounds...a seek trem can do that.....thats why i like it so much...just roll the tone down

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I've been the proud owner, and have played, a Starstream XII for 35 years now...:D Only one little bitty scratch on it - from 32 years ago. I bought it new from an old Vox dealer that had it in the back of his shop collecting dust.:wave:

• Members

I've been the proud owner, and have played, a Starstream XII for 35 years now...
:D
Only one little bitty scratch on it - from 32 years ago. I bought it new from an old Vox dealer that had it in the back of his shop collecting dust.
:wave:

I am so super-jealous :there needs to be a green jealousy icon:

Give us some details about the tone. Pups? Repeater? Fuzz?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I own a 1967 12 string sunburst Starstream in mint condition and can tell you if you really want a quality built guitar, you are heading in the right direction. That guitar has that old British sound and ancient sounding electronics built in that I've never heard reproduced by anything modern. I also have a 1969 Gibson ES 335 of equal quality and my opinion is you are far better off spending the same money on an old guitar then buying anything new out there. O.K., so I'm an old geezer who grew up playing all the old classics but there is no doubt when it comes to guitars, old is always better in the acoustic-electrics and acoustics. Many newer solid body guitars sound great and play fine but lack the quality in wood, switches, jacks, etc. I have a newer Fender Mexi Strat that is great as a beater and when I still want to rip some old Ozzie licks just for fun, it's a perfect guitar. I owned a PRS for about a minute, no thanks.

Anyway, hope you find your Starstream, you wont regret the effort.

Archived