A few questions about the Boss BCB-60

johanwastaken

• Members

I am thinking of getting the Boss BCB-60 pedal board. From what I've seen&read, it looks perfect for me. I only need less than 6 pedals, and the power supply is great.

One question though, I want to have a few effects (tuner, noise supressor) before the amp input, and a few others (delay & so on) in the effects loop. Can this pedal board handle this? Has it got multiple in&outputs?

Also, what is your general opinion about this board? I've heard that it's a little too plastic, but I'm careful with my things and I won't abuse it, so no problem.

• Members

I own it. I use to have basically all Boss, so it was perfect...I still use it, but these days, I've expanded my horizons. The downside is, it's suited for Boss pedals, but I cut the foam to make room for a phase 100 and added stuff to make the whole smaller for MXR's...

It does have 2 Inputs and 2 other holes...I don't really know, I never did more than one input, and one output. I don't do effects loops.

But overall, very good board. It's a case so that's always great.

• Members

The behringer pedalboard is a clone of the BCB... I have one friend with the boss and one with the behringer; the behringer has more room and is more suited to modifying for oddly shaped pedals. It's also cheaper. I don't know how either of them hold up over time (they ar eboth plastic)

• Members

That sounds great. I will mostly be using Boss pedals, but it's no problem to cut the foam if I want other pedals as well.

That Behringer one actually looks quite nice. Well, the price does. I wouldn't buy a Behringer amp or whatever, but a pedal board - what can be bad? It's a little plastic, but the Boss one is as well.

I want to know though, if the Boss board has got multiple in&outputs so that I can run a few effects to the amp input and a few other to the effects loop. I know that the Behringer one doesn't (2 outputs, but the same). I could do this separately (just run the cords from the pedals instead of the dedicated outputs) on both boards, and if the Boss one hasn't got separate in&outputs, I might just as well get the Behringer. It's bigger and cheaper. I need the money to buy my other pedals.

• Members

That sounds great. I will mostly be using Boss pedals, but it's no problem to cut the foam if I want other pedals as well.

That Behringer one actually looks quite nice. Well, the price does. I wouldn't buy a Behringer amp or whatever, but a pedal board - what can be bad? It's a little plastic, but the Boss one is as well.

I want to know though, if the Boss board has got multiple in&outputs so that I can run a few effects to the amp input and a few other to the effects loop. I know that the Behringer one doesn't (2 outputs, but the same). I could do this separately (just run the cords from the pedals instead of the dedicated outputs) on both boards, and if the Boss one hasn't got separate in&outputs, I might just as well get the Behringer. It's bigger and cheaper. I need the money to buy my other pedals.

I'm talking out my ass, never having owned the boss, but I think the behringer is a direct clone, i.e. if the behringer doesn't have multiple loops, the boss doesn't. Can someone else confirm/deny?

• Members

How about getting two BCB-30's ? One for amp input, another for send/return loop.

bcb-30.jpg

They don't have the routing/power system of the BCB-60, do they? That would be no different from having to route efx loop pedals separately on the -60.

• Members

Alright, too bad. Will have to do the effects loop-effects separately then, without using the in&outputs of the pedal board. Will not look as clean, but should work alright still.

i've had a BCB-60 for a few years (although it's currently only being used as a storage case for my spare pedals).

as a sidenote, i removed all the foam pads and lined the bottom of the case with velcro - made it much easier re-arranging pedals and fitting non-Boss pedals. you can also fit more pedals - at one point i had 10 in there.

8acm7ah.jpg

the INPUTS and OUTPUTS are not linked, it's just like a mini patchbay really.

you could plug your guitar into the main INPUT, and use the SEND to your front-of-amp pedals, then go directly from pedals to amp

and use the OUTPUTS and RETURNS for your effects loop, e.g.

AMP FX LOOP SEND > BCB OUTPUT B, RETURN B > FX

(FX) > RETURN A, OUTPUT A > AMP FX LOOP RETURN

it would still be quite tidy

• Members

^^ explained well. You might want to use cable ties to hold the board together when closed, as i cant really rely on the plastic latches. saying that i got myself a pedaltrain pro as a replacement, but the bcb60 is great for small amounts of pedals. the power supply isnt noisy, afaik.

• Members

Ooh, thank you very much. That sounds great. If the Behringer is a direct clone, then I guess it works the same way as well. Just me not reading the manual properly.

A little depending on what pedals I decide to get and how much money I'll have to spare, I will get either one of them. I would rather have the Boss since I know what I'm getting, but I wouldn't mind having the Behringer either.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I'd go the Boss v the Behringer, if for no other reason than the Mojo factor - yeah, Boss doesn't carry much mojo, but Behringer carries even less. I have a BCB-60. I like it. Quite a nice, rugged piece of gear that runs everything fine. But like everyone says, the latches are useless. After years of users complaining about these latches on forums like this one, it's amazing and a bit sad that Boss hasn't bothered to modify the design.

• Members

as a sidenote, i removed all the foam pads and lined the bottom of the case with velcro - made it much easier re-arranging pedals and fitting non-Boss pedals.

Yeah, me too. Worked like a charm. I've since outgrown it and am using a PT2, so my wife is now using the BCB60 - actually with no Boss pedals in it! She has 3 Danos, one Line 6 tonecore and a Sansamp in there. I love the little steel channel for routing the power cables etc. It's served me well, and is nice and durable. I've heard people saying that the latches are pretty flimsy, but I've not had any issues with them. And the included cables are decent too.

And yeah, the Behringer seems to be a clone, but between the two, even with the extra cost, I'd still go with Boss.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

I have owned both. They both do a job.

the boss is better for me because all of the cables (including the power cables) are better quality , and I did find a bit of noisie with the power supply.

both are big plastic lumps and the latches on both, including the boss, are breakable if you gig with it a lot

given they design so many pedals it’s amazing boss haven’t updated the bcb60 or made a more  upmarket version  

Archived