morley volume boost

echodeluxe

• Members

i have a vintage one. not sure what year, but its pretty great. ive wanted a volume pedal, but the ernie balls are way overpriced (its a freakin volume pedal) and i dont really need one, but it would be nice to have.

my friends dad had this in his garage and never used it. its a morley volume boost pedal (top right of pedal board, obviously):

boost002.jpg

it has an intensity knob on the left side for the amount of boost, that is engaged with a switch on the left of the treadle. other than that its a volume pedal. it uses a photo resistor with a really odd curtain arrangement instead of a pot. its an interesting design, kinda awkward but it works.

the boos is really rad. its adds a fair amount of grit to the signal. if i dont use it as a boost, i may have it on but low for buffering the signal a bit. the volume curve is good, and it uses mojo tone carbon comp resistors omg sweet vintage mojo tone.

its quiet, works great, and looks kinda badass. for FREE!

awesome. anyone else use/have used one of these? theres another one too i think. a power wah maybe? i dunno.

• 1 month later...

Archived