Shall I sell my Gibson ES330?

Kid_A

• Members

Im in a pickle, its nearing lunch and I brought my 1962 Gibson ES330 with me so I could take it to Wunjos Guitar Shop on Denmark Street to sell...

Im having second thoughts.... Im not even usuing it at the moment, im usuing a Squire Tele Custom with a kaoss pad strapped on and need something road worthy and something i can be ferocious with... And the Gibson cant give me those... but im finding it hard to let it go. Its a lot of money to be holed up in a guitar thats just going to sit in my room...

:freak::confused::cry:

• Members

Im trying to think logically for once... Im such a hoarder anyway and me and the missus are moving into a new place soon so need some deposit money... Its a lot of money tied up in something that doesnt get used...

Grrrrrrrrrrr.... my brain says sell it and my heart says no...

:cry:

• Members

If your not using it, and you dont use it live, then whats the point in having it? UNLESS ! you use it for recording, in which case it would be mighty to have.

Sell it privatley though. you'll get much more money for it than jumping into that shark pool of music shops.

- I once heard of a guy who sold a Travis Bean to a local music shop for

• Members
If your not using it, and you dont use it live, then whats the point in having it? UNLESS ! you use it for recording, in which case it would be mighty to have.

Sell it privatley though. you'll get much more money for it than jumping into that shark pool of music shops.

- I once heard of a guy who sold a Travis Bean to a local music shop for

• Members

me and the missus are moving into a new place soon so need some deposit money

worst reason ever to sell gear!

sell it if you dont want it anymore, but not cos you want the money.

you'll regret it everytime you pick up a guitar otherwise

• Members

Well i just got back... Its in the shop now... Any London people fancy playing it try Wunjo and you can tell me how daft I was/wasnt for putting it in there...

Your right though on the reason front, but its not purely for that reason. Im just trying to be logical for once... I am the worst for buying stuff on impulse and hoarding it, this time im trying to do the right thing... I think ive made the right decision... :confused:

• Members

Cool gear i've sold in the past 4 years: Silverface Pro reverb, gold top Les Paul, taylor 310, Line6 Delay, Gibson SG, FuzzFactory, HBE UFO fuzz, Maxon OD9, Ernie Ball volume pedal, Digitech digiverb, Sansamp GT2, Analogman miniBicomprosser, Ibanez Ar75 hollowbody, Yamaha AE1200 jazz box

Cool gear i wish i didn't sell: See Above:cry:

Why? i thought i "needed" the money and could "only play one guitar at a time, afterall"....

Moral: Don't Sell It!

• Members

Cool gear i've sold in the past 4 years: Silverface Pro reverb, gold top Les Paul, taylor 310, Line6 Delay, Gibson SG, FuzzFactory, HBE UFO fuzz, Maxon OD9, Ernie Ball volume pedal, Digitech digiverb, Sansamp GT2, Analogman miniBicomprosser, Ibanez Ar75 hollowbody, Yamaha AE1200 jazz box

Cool gear i wish i didn't sell: See Above:cry:

Why? i thought i "needed" the money and could "only play one guitar at a time, afterall"....

Moral: Don't Sell It!

I always regretted selling my 70s jazzmaster and this was so hard to let go, I kept reiterating to the manager CALL ME BEFORE YOU SELL IT... So maybe i wont... I dunno!! GAH

• Members

Ohhh and i love your avatar! Goooooooooooooooooood afternoon sir my name is George Obatawatawanga

hahah

• Members

Only sell it if you absolutely need the money and have no other option. You might not use it right now, but I guarantee you a guitar that beautiful will see use from you in the future.

My dad kept two pieces of gear from his rocking days in the 60's. One is a Gibson Country Western acoustic guitar. The other is a '66 Twin Reverb. Keep in mind my dad lived a life of poverty for a long time and endured a lot of hardships. In the early 80's he sold his 1970 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe goldtop for grocery money...for $300.

He had no idea that his third son would want to learn to play guitar. But ten years ago, when a little 13-year-old Veil came up to visit him and asked him if he could teach him, he broke out his Gibson that he kept and taught him his first chords. Once he knew that his son was sticking with it, he tracked down his Twin Reverb, which was at his ex-wife's parent's house, and gave it him.

I have a gorgeous amp that I constantly use because he decided not to sell his gear. Imagine if I had that Les Paul! :eek: In high school I wasn't playing any music that necessitated a Twin Reverb, I was playing music with lots of distortion. But I didn't sell that amp, even though I wasn't using it. I didn't know the value of it, but I knew that it meant too much for me to sell.

I hope that helps.

Archived