Guitarfetish.com - Pickups

Kid_A

• Members

The "blowout" pickups aren't the same as the regular GFS line - they are overstock from far-east pickup manufacturers. You could be in for a super deal, or you could find yourself back at the gfs webstore ordering the real thing... :D In other words, I can't comment on those pickups in particular. I will say that the GFS line is unbelievably good for the money, though. Even if you end up paying $70-80 for a pair of GFS pickups (rather than half of that for a set of "nonames"), it's still a steal...

I have a Dream 90 in the bridge position on one of my strats, a set of Alnico Fatboys in my Tele, and a pair of mini humbuckers in my 12-string... shopping at GFS is great fun, as they are cheap enough to make you take chances and try stuff out.

/Andreas

• Members
The "blowout" pickups aren't the same as the regular GFS line - they are overstock from far-east pickup manufacturers. You could be in for a super deal, or you could find yourself back at the gfs webstore ordering the real thing...
:D
In other words, I can't comment on those pickups in particular. I will say that the GFS line is unbelievably good for the money, though. Even if you end up paying $70-80 for a pair of GFS pickups (rather than half of that for a set of "nonames"), it's still a steal...

I have a Dream 90 in the bridge position on one of my strats, a set of Alnico Fatboys in my Tele, and a pair of mini humbuckers in my 12-string... shopping at GFS is great fun, as they are cheap enough to make you take chances and try stuff out.

/Andreas

Wow Andreas! Long time no see! Hope your keeping well in Sweden....

Yea im unsre how to play it, go bargain bucket or put a few more bones in and get the real deal everyone seems to be raving about. The ones in my hondo les paul sound like someone put iron wool inside the pickups... :o(

• Members

I have the 'vintage split' fender stylee humbuckers, they are excellent. :thu:

oh, and to compare, I also have one of the cheapo pre-wired guards, from gfs...the humbuckers in that are ok, but you notice the difference.

Archived