RV-3 problem

n8wood

• Members

I have an RV-3 that when I switch on/off it will cut out for like a 1/4 of a second. There is no sound being output for that short moment. The effect works and I've noticed no other problems.

I opened it up and all the connections look solid. Any ideas on what is going wrong? Could it be the on/off switch?

• Members

Will you be turning it off in the middle of playing something? If you time it right you can avoid it.

This is true. And like I said, it's really not a big issue. I haven't been bothered by it. It (the verb) won't just cut off abruptly either - it trails. And if you leave it on for the entire song, it's certainly not a problem.

• Members

I think the reverbs are good but IMO the RV-3 shines in the delay/reverb settings.

Yeah, it really is. I was only using it for reverb (being that I have 3 other delays), and I think it'll be redundant soon as I'm getting a vibrolux. Also 4 delays on a board is a bit redundant.

• Members

Will you be turning it off in the middle of playing something? If you time it right you can avoid it.

Actually... it may not be an issue at all. I use it in a footswitchable effects loop. I kick on the effect before I need it and then turn the loop on. So any delay in signal would happen before I turn the loop on.

How is the RV-3? Do you guys like it? I need a good subtle verb for solos and a deeper lusher verb for ambiant sounds... usually in conjuction with delay and tremolo and fairly high gain.

• Members
Actually... it may not be an issue at all. I use it in a footswitchable effects loop. I kick on the effect before I need it and then turn the loop on. So any delay in signal would happen before I turn the loop on.

Well there you have it. :p

How is the RV-3? Do you guys like it? I need a good subtle verb for solos and a deeper lusher verb for ambiant sounds... usually in conjuction with delay and tremolo and fairly high gain.

I actually like it a lot for the subtle verb and the huge, deep verbs. I find it excels at the deeper verbs though. A lot of people agree with this.

Archived