Timefactor user question

Pete

• Members

Is it necessary to use an expression pedal with the timefactor? I read a few reviews where people mention that an expression pedal controls the amount of delay present (volume wise). Isn't there a knob to control this function and why would you need to use an expression pedal?

• Members

Anything that the EP can do, you can do with the controls, except the EP allows you to do it whilst actually playing, hands free. I don't use one with my Timefactor and am perfectly happy, I have the extra three switch Digitech and don't use that either, the Timefactor is enough to occupy me without adding more controls.

• Members

Thanks for the info that makes sense...but I read somewhere that u can't control effect levels with the presets without an ep. Also how do you start the looping....I know you have to be in play mode but never saw in the directions how to activate the loop function.

• Members

Thanks for the info that makes sense...but I read somewhere that u can't control effect levels with the presets without an ep. Also how do you start the looping....I know you have to be in play mode but never saw in the directions how to activate the loop function.

I'm not sure who would have said that about the EP. The expression pedal must be directly linked to a knob on the board and there are two mix knobs (one wet/dry, one delay A/delay B). Maybe someone was saying that you can't use the expression pedal to blend between on preset and another? which i think i heard you can do with the Line 6(??)

anyway, when in play mode with the loop effect, one footswitch starts recording, and then you push another to stop recording and start the loop over again. The third footswitch stops the loop. So then, you can push the middle switch to start the loop you already recorded again or you can push the first switch to record a new loop. You can also set parameters for latching and such. So it really is quite capable as far as control options go. I haven't explored all the looping options myself yet, but the manual describes a lot of options.

Some folks are complaining that the loop mode doesn't do a very nice crossfade between the end of a loop and the beginning of the next, and people are talking about this on the new eventide forum, so perhaps eventide will make some adjustments in future upgrades.

• Members

Is it necessary to use an expression pedal with the timefactor? I read a few reviews where people mention that an expression pedal controls the amount of delay present (volume wise). Isn't there a knob to control this function and why would you need to use an expression pedal?

There's a knob for that. But there are plenty, PLENTY of uses for the expression pedal. From what I understand, it's highly recommended. I'm ordering one.

• Members

anyway,
when in play mode with the loop effect, one footswitch starts recording, and then you push another to stop recording and start the loop over again
. The third footswitch stops the loop. So then, you can push the middle switch to start the loop you already recorded again or you can push the first switch to record a new loop. You can also set parameters for latching and such. So it really is quite capable as far as control options go. I haven't explored all the looping options myself yet, but the manual describes a lot of options.

I didn't know that you had to actually pick the loop as an effect. I thought there was a button to automatically start the loop. Does that means you can't use a delay effect while you're using the loop?

Archived