anyone ever dream about tone?

arcadesonfire

• Members

i had a dream last night about tone. As my moniker suggests, i am a fan of the arcade fire, and i dreamt last night that i was like filling in with the band or something, and we were about to go on stage.

I remember vividly that i was playing through a Fender "The Twin" (something i haven't played through in probably 10 years). We were about to play "Intervention" and i was prepping the tremolo picked part, and i actually said to myself C-B-C-A-G, and i was trying to find the best tone for it. The clean tone wasn't doing it, so i kicked on a tubescreamer, and it was horrible for some reason. But then i swithced the amp to the dirty channel and turned the gain way down and it was heavenly...

should i see a doctor if i continue having such dreams? or is this a sign that i ought to be browsing ebay for a fender "the twin" ??

• Members
...and it's nothing like what you had expected.

Well, I've just been lucky. I dreamt of a smaller version of my bandmaster but with impedance switch and mid control.... and then found it in the real world.... in the same dream, I had a humbucker that was a P90 and a single coil and I switched between the settings..... and now, SD is making one....

• Members

I haven't dreamed about tone much...

But I did dream that I found a huge pedalboard in my school's theater full of old Ross pedals. I think there was some vintage Boss and EHX on there, too.

The worst part was waking up and seeing none of it in the corner of my room with my other gear. . .:cry:

Archived