my mod for Boss AW-2 sounds like "a tape left in the sun"

mark7171

• Members

i came up with a brilliant "mod" for the useless auto wah 2 by boss. it has to be a problem with capacitence and most import the clipping circuit. before it would do its thing. after the mod it has multiple wah warble modes . one makes you sound either like your bubbling underwater, or like a tape left out in sun...

i controlled the hiss with different capacitors. i even pulled some out and replaced them with staples.

my clip circuit is the shizzeee. too complicated to explain....pic

fghsfjjj297.jpg

i think that it doesnt sound right cause havent converted all the caps to ceramic....yet hehehe.. this one other circuit looks pretty busy id like to put a trim pot in there...

i also want to make another clipping circuit for the second diode set. why a auto wah has 2 i have no idea...fun to play.

• Members

Totally dig the Little Wing clipage - very nice! :thu:

I've got an AW-2 and its hard for me to hear what exactly is different, maybe they're more organic? Obviously, if you had a clip of "before" and a clip of "after" with the same guitar/mic/amp rig that'd probably show off a much bigger difference.

Props on not going goofy with the pedal and working to affect a more subtle/usable change.

• Members

can you make the "bong" bubbling effect on the fade out?

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/35918/spanutz.wma

isnt it note worthy?

--lil wing was on the fly. if i can figure out the toneport ux2 maybe i try to make some songs.

---the previous thread on the acoustic simulator mod i brought up weeks ago in a monte allums thread. said that he should make a acoustic simulator type pedal mod . nothing. i spent a couple week nights replacing things one at a time. nobody even listened to that clip. i thought it was the best AC-2 mod avalible, and sounded better. it was no hummingbird, but fuller acoustically. very close to a plugged in ovation.

----- turns out effects forms would rather vote on copulating with metallic whores.

Archived