Peavey Footswitch sucks

bubbleboyjones

• Members

Im fed up with the standard footswitch that came with my Classic 50. I played a gig last night an couldn't tell at one part of the song if I had the distortion on or not(really hard to hear at the venue). Its just a pain in the ass...theres no damn light on the thing.

00054360_2.jpg

Is there any other pedal I can buy that would switch the channels on the Peavey?(With a light....)

• Members

Oh man, this is to funny..

I also hate the classic 50's stock switch, its to damn big!!

I did add LED's to mine though, took me about 10mins.. Its super easy to do, just add an LED inline with the power wire for each switch and your done.

I'm probably going to get a small enclosure and make that into my clean/dirt amp pedal.. I dont use the amps reverb so, it'll just be one button..

• Members

Good idea AtomicJeff..ill shoot him something.

Oh man, this is to funny..

I also hate the classic 50's stock switch, its to damn big!!

I did add LED's to mine though, took me about 10mins.. Its super easy to do, just add an LED inline with the power wire for each switch and your done.

I'm probably going to get a small enclosure and make that into my clean/dirt amp pedal.. I dont use the amps reverb so, it'll just be one button..

Well I don't even use the reverb(I somehow broke it when install new speakers) so it would be just one switch I need. Now Im still now following you...whats an LED inline?

I agree the switch is way to big. Its a big flimsy plastic pos without a light. I would gladly pay $50 for a boss pedal to control the OD channel. :soapbox:

• Members

There are 3 wires from the 1/4 jack, bare (-) black and red. Both switches share the same ground wire (the bare -), and then black goes to the lead switch and the red goes to the reverb switch. All you have to do is splice in an LED between the red/black wire to each switch..

Here's what i meant.. This is a picture of my brothers 5150 footswitch, which is the same as the classic 50's but with LED's.. This is how i wired mine..

IMG_0218.jpg

Hope this helped!

Archived