OT - FOR THE LAST TIME, A TROLL IS:

RoboPimp

• Members

someone who starts a thread with some sort of fake identity or story or something he uses as "bait" to lure in responses from people. As in troll fishing...

A troll is NOT just someone who says something you disagree with.

For example if you act like a whiny punk and I say "you're being a whiny punk" that doesn't make me a troll it makes me honest and if it makes you mad then you know it's the truth. If it was just something I said to be mean then you wouldn't give a {censored} but deep down inside you know I'm right so it makes you mad and you blurt out "TROLL!"

• Members

Let us apply the RoboPimp logic to a different interaction:

Person P of race X is walking down the street. Hateful {censored}head H notices that person P is race X, and says racial epithet Z. Person P is very angry at being called racial epithet Z.

Does that mean that everything that Hateful {censored}head H says about persons of race X is true? Or could it be that he's just an awful prick?

Love you mr. pimp, ta-ta~

• Members

you're a whiny punk

Person P of race X is walking down the street. Hateful {censored}head H notices that person P is race X, and says racial epithet Z. Person P is very angry at being called racial epithet Z.

Does that mean that everything that Hateful {censored}head H says about persons of race X is true? Or could it be that he's just an awful prick?

• Members

TROLL!

~MkF!

"No. Not really!"

• Members

It depends a little on what Z is. If P=me, X=(Indian+Iranian)/2 and Z=watermelon-loving chubby-fingered Middle Eastern jerk, then his determination of Z would be correct, even if the methods he used to arrive on that value are mathematically unsound.

• Members

someone who starts a thread with some sort of fake identity or story or something he uses as "bait" to lure in responses from people. As in troll fishing...

For example if you act like a whiny punk and I say "you're being a whiny punk" that doesn't make me a troll it makes me honest and if it makes you mad then you know it's the truth. If it was just something I said to be mean then you wouldn't give a {censored} but deep down inside you know I'm right so it makes you mad and you blurt out "TROLL!"

i guess your defintion of troll is another than mine.

troll.

• Members

It depends a little on what Z is. If P=me, X=(Indian+Iranian)/2 and Z=watermelon-loving chubby-fingered Middle Eastern jerk, then his determination of Z would be correct, even if the methods he used to arrive on that value are mathematically unsound.

Well yes of course but let's face it someone flipping coins would be right about yes or no questions some of the time but that doesn't make coin flipping an epistemologically sound method of obtaining knowledge now you're just splitting hairs why do we have to argue oh fine go to your mother's house go to your {censored}ing mother's house that's fine she'll fill your head with lies and recharge your crazy-batteries and you'll come back here ready for round two that's fine not like I have anything to lose at this point anyway you know what if I said I never loved you that's right I said it I don't even CARE get OUT OF MY HOUSE

• Members

from wiki:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

The term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often erroneously used to discredit an opposing position, or its proponent, by argument fallacy ad hominem.

Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities.

Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding encourages a true troll to continue disruptive posts

• Members
Well yes of course but let's face it someone flipping coins would be right about yes or no questions some of the time but that doesn't make coin flipping an epistemologically sound method of obtaining knowledge now you're just splitting hairs why do we have to argue oh fine go to your mother's house go to your {censored}ing mother's house that's fine she'll fill your head with lies and recharge your crazy-batteries and you'll come back here ready for round two that's fine not like I have anything to lose at this point anyway you know what if I said I never loved you that's right I said it I don't even CARE get OUT OF MY HOUSE

:cry:

• Members

yeah, a troll is a fake persona, for comedy or {censored}ty purposes.

robo is just a bitch who like lettin us know what he thinks

often to humorous effect.

why you hating man? he's seemed fine since ive been here. and honestly, 51.7% of the interent is false/ fake personas anyways

• Members

A "Troll" is Alternative lifestyle speak for someone that is A. Mean or B. Has no interest in an Alternative lifestyle.

Archived