DOUBLE MALE

bmast160

• Members

can you use this to connect two pedals? i was thinking about using a few because i have a few fuzz pedals connected before a buffer and i wanted to use connections that were as short as possible...

i've heard switchcraft is good...any other recommendations?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Switchcraft-14-Double-Male-Cable-Coupler?sku=335020

• Members

They will work but they can be very restricting. Be careful that whatever pedals you are connecting with these have the jacks at the same height.

true. i could just put some padding under the lower one to raise it up tho

• Members

I'd stay away from any type of solid connectors between the pedals. Nearly all (metal) pedal boxes are cast with slightly inclined side walls (they are slightly wider at the base, apparently to make them easier to remove from the casting mould), so unless there's some cable in between the jacks, the pedals will try to lift each other. When stomping, this can create large stresses on the jacks - not nice.

/Andreas

• Members

Well now that you've lured me in here with your misleading title, I guess I'll be begrudgingly answer your question :poke:.

Those connectors suck! The only way they work is if you are connecting to exact pedals to one another like a Boss to another Boss, but even then they suck because they put unnecessary stress and pressure on the jacks. Just get regular patch cables. They can actually end up taking less room on the board as well if the jacks of the two adjacent pedals are offset.

DynasoarCS-2.jpg

Archived