How noisy is The Worm?

tubezipper

• Members

:wave:

Well i want to replace my ph-2 super phaser with something else and i was thinking about The Worm. It's seems pretty cool and the only down side is the amount of complaints on the noise. It's very cheap and does 4 things i don't have. A very underrated pedal.

Does everyone experience noise?:poke:

Should i get it?:confused:

:)

• Members

sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh

• Members

sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchh

?

• Members

sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhh sscchhhhhscchhhhhscchhhhhsscchhhhhscchhhhhscchh

?

(white noise in time with modulation.. :poke:)

• Members

I have a Worm. It's a frustrating thing to me because it's noisy and has pretty crummy effects. The vibrato (reason I got it) is especially bad. I know it's cheap and sounds cool by description, but I've found that it's really not worth it.

• Members

I have a Worm. It's a frustrating thing to me because it's noisy and has pretty crummy effects. The vibrato (reason I got it) is especially bad. I know it's cheap and sounds cool by description, but I've found that it's really not worth it.

:confused: I love the vibrato. It sounds f'in awesome with my rig. All of the modes are fat and smooth. I do find, however, that I like it better with my single coils than my humbuckers. Like a lot of EHX gear, I think it takes to some setups better than others.

• Members

I like sine-wave vibrato (not talking about tremelo), like my beloved old long-lost Boss VB-2. The Worm's vibrato is saw-tooth.. it snaps frequency back & forth as opposed to smoothly oscillating. That's why I don't like it. That and the hisssssss. I know I've used it a couple times, but I'm sorta settling on the true measure of a piece of gear's worth being how much I use it, which in the case of the Worm is next to never.

• Members

Whats the price on it these days? I'm in Canada and from what I see EH stuff is a lot cheaper in the states then here.

I got one but don't really use it much but with my new band I might. Its got noises but they are all cool ones....woosh whoosh woosh.... I originally wanted it for the tremolo but then I got a fender twin with tube trem so that destroys any trem pedal....I never would have picked up something for an auto wha effect but its way more useful then I ever woulda thought. I picked this pedal for the fave pedal that people bash post that someone started. If I turned into a hippy stoner I probably wouldn't be able to live without this thing.....when I wasn't playing I'd just sit there listening to it woosh woosh woosh while I satisfied my munchies with something organic I'd assume....woosh woosh woosh.

• Members
If I turned into a hippy stoner I probably wouldn't be able to live without this thing.....when I wasn't playing I'd just sit there listening to it woosh woosh woosh while I satisfied my munchies with something organic I'd assume....woosh woosh woosh.

:lol:

I'm not a hippie stoner, but I do think that it has a very early 70's kind of vibe about it, which could be the reason it appeals to me.

• Members
:lol:

I'm not a hippie stoner, but I do think that it has a very early 70's kind of vibe about it, which could be the reason it appeals to me.

I dug up the pedal and listened to I am Elastic Fire Cracker by Tripping Daisey all in the same day....woosh woosh woosh!

Archived