The Officially Official Deluxe Memory Man Thread

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

does anyone else notice the blend knob being a bit touchy? mine is pretty much equal volume at the position marked on the tape. anything above that makes the repeats louder than the direct signal...not that thats a terrible thing, it's just not very forgiving when going for equal volume.

Yeah, I usually don't get past 7:30 w/ the blend knob, but the DMM's vary from unit to unit. That said, love it more than any other delay I've owned. Typical setting:

level = 9

blend = 7:30

delay = 12

feedback = 10:30

mod = vibrato at 6:30

• Members

I got one for real cheap a few months ago. Great sounding pedal! I don't gig with it because it's too big for my board but it's my main home jam delay. I like a bit of vibrato in there. I wish it was smaller and 9V but I have other delays that cover those qualifications.

• Members

When you first used the DMM did you create sounds that you never expected it to do?

Yeah, before I knew how to use the feedback knob, there were a couple times I had it on full and then stomped the switch... I thought I killed my amp (or that the pedal was broken).

my standard settings are

volume: 10

blend: 8-9

delay time: 11-full

mod: 5-9 on vibrato, 6-7:30 on chorus

• Members

Yep, and my BMP is going to be freshly fixed by Howard Davis (assuming my money order ever makes it to his place). This little, well actually not so little gem will be waiting for me when I get home from Spring break:

2yjyhrp.jpg

I like the thought of having a fixed phaser and an lfo phaser on my board. The fixed option is something I wish more builders would incorporate into their designs. If the subdecay quasar had a second stop to turn off the LFO and a manual knob to set the phase position, I'd own one for sure.

• Members

Yes it already arrived! I walk in and there lies a package. It could only be a legendary DMM.

I just plugged it in. And i am enjoying!

Have some oscillation fun and get it going and then quickly turn the delay knob all the way off and listen to the cool spaceship sounds.

Yes, completely pointless, but oh so much fun.

Just make sure that the Blend knob is 6oclock or lower. Dont want to kill your amp.

• Members

Man, this thing is pretty cool. I played it a little louder as I had the house to myself for about an hour last night. It was cranked, but plenty loud enough to really hear the pedal and it's finer details and not so finer details... The space ship thing is fun for a bit, but when am I ever gonna use that live? :idk: But then again, who cares. It's fun to mess with.

my favorite is:

Level 9:00

Blend 7:00

Feedback 11:00-11:30

Delay 12:00

Vibrato: 5:30 (subtle)

I like the way this unit interacts with other pedals. :) Realllllly nice.

• Members

Man, this thing is pretty cool. I finally got a chance to play it a little louder as I had the house to myself for about an hour last night. It was cranked, but plenty loud enough to really hear the pedal and it's finer details and not so finer details... The space ship thing is fun for a bit, but when am I ever gonna use that live?
:idk:
But then again, who cares. It's fun to mess with.

So far my favorite is:

Level 9:00

Blend 7:00

Feedback 11:00-11:30

Delay 12:00

Vibrato: 5:30 (subtle)

I like the way this unit interacts with other pedals.
:)
Realllllly nice.

I agree that the DMM handles other pedals very well, especially fuzzes. My Muff sounds great with it. It is very amazing and only gets better the louder you play it as you can hear everything that is going on.

I cant wait to go home and play it.

and my RC2 is in the mail and will be here on Friday!

Archived