Your first concert?

SonicVI

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is that show off? it's funny because at the time it was just a bill of crappy English punk has beens. I was a massive Siouxsie fan at the time..

Technically it wasn't my first gig, but it was the first I went to with a mate, rather than my mates parents!! When I was really young my best friends parents used to take me and him to loads of gigs..usually dodgy rock and roll bands like 'Showaddywaddy' 'shakin' stevens' 'Darts' 'status quo' and all that crap that was around in the 70's....everyone at school was jealous though!!! :lol:

• Members
Donington Monsters of Rock 88

And I was about 15 feet from the two people who got crushed during Guns 'n Roses

I was there too :thu: (although it wasn't my first gig).

I didn't know about the people who got crushed until the next day when i woke up and my folks told me it had been on the news.

I still have a tape i recorded off Tommy Vance's Friday rock show of Maidens set ... damn, the roar of the crowd, still gives me goosebumps.

• Members

My first gig was Iron Maiden in 1986 for the Somewhere in Time album at the Manchester Apollo. I was 15 at the time.

Amazing gig. The next day at school me & my friends talked about it all day long, much to the annoyance of the one kid that didn't go.
I still have the program that i bought in the foyer ... sadly the tour t-shirt died a long time ago.

• Members
Ray Charles--1978

Artpark , Lewiston NY

I can still smell the perfume of the boofy haired woman in front of me!

{censored} yeah!! That kicks ass (:rawk: in a Ray Charles sort of way).

Mine was the Stones. Great show, but Mick had his lyrics prompted by a monitior which really made me realize what age does to rockers....I still loved it though :thu:

• Members

I was there too
:thu:
(although it wasn't my first gig).

I didn't know about the people who got crushed until the next day when i woke up and my folks told me it had been on the news.

I still have a tape i recorded off Tommy Vance's Friday rock show of Maidens set ... damn, the roar of the crowd, still gives me goosebumps.

On reflection I don't actually think it was mine either. I'm sure I went to see Megadeth at the Apollo earlier in the year but I can't find the ticket stub!

It was a fantastic day at Donington and just one of those unfortunate accidents. I didn't see any trouble at all for the whole day and the plastic bottle fights were amazing! ;)

If you look for the Eddie's Archive box set, it's got Maiden's set on it. It's just like being there again!

I also saw Maiden in the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour at the Apollo around the same time, but I think that was after Donington.

• Members

On reflection I don't actually think it was mine either. I'm sure I went to see Megadeth at the Apollo earlier in the year but I can't find the ticket stub!

It was a fantastic day at Donington and just one of those unfortunate accidents. I didn't see any trouble at all for the whole day and the plastic bottle fights were amazing!
;)

If you look for the Eddie's Archive box set, it's got Maiden's set on it. It's just like being there again!

I also saw Maiden in the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour at the Apollo around the same time, but I think that was after Donington.

Ha i was there at the Apollo for Megadeth in 88 too and i also saw Maiden for 'Seventh Son' at the Apollo as well. It was after Donnington as i seem to remember Bruce anouncing a tour from the Donnington stage.

Saw Metallica for 'And justice for all' at the Apollo too around that time.

• Members

Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Fall, Wire, Psycic TV and Gaye Bikers on Acid.

London Finsbury Park, 1986

Thats very cool, gotta love wire!

Mine was far less hardcore - echobelly, the longpigs and the mystics in 1996/1997, i forget when precisely, everyone loved sonya...

Archived