Synth Pedals????

• Members

What synth pedals are out there that you guys would recommend or recommend against?

When I started playing I scored an Electro Harmonix Micro synth and foolishly traded it away. I recently started using the Digitec Synth Wah and love some of the settings on there but...I like the fact that I can play pretty quickly which I recall not working well with the Micro Synth.

I'm looking for some good robotic crunch but would test drive anything really.

• Members

Possibly some of the moogerfoogers. I started the same way, trying to get synth pedals for guitar, before eventually playing synth instead. I went with the HOG as a lot of people recommended it. It was great when I first got it, but it was kind of lacking in my opinion (in terms of synth sounds). I only ended up using the filter in it the most, but ended up selling and just getting the Moog Low Pass Filter. What other sounds are you looking for specifically?

• Members

Possibly some of the moogerfoogers. I started the same way, trying to get synth pedals for guitar, before eventually playing synth instead. I went with the HOG as a lot of people recommended it. It was great when I first got it, but it was kind of lacking in my opinion (in terms of synth sounds). I only ended up using the filter in it the most, but ended up selling and just getting the Moog Low Pass Filter. What other sounds are you looking for specifically?

I want something dirty,distorted and crunchy.... pretty much like the two pedails I mentioned but the Micro Synth doesnt track fast enough (gotta play it kinda slow i found) and the Synth Wah doesn't quite zero in on what I want....its like its saying I'm cool but cheap and theres better out there lol. I tried on of the moog pedals one time but I don't remeber which one as it was about four years ago. It was clean as can be. Here in canada its hard to find that line and when you do they run just under $500 a piece before tax. The store where I tried the one out just went out of business too. Grrrr.

Maybe I'll attempt to do some mods to the digitec. I know some people have wired them to a wah (removing one of the pots) in order to have some flexability.

Mainly I think i just want sudgestions of what to look for and try out when I get the chance to go shopping downtown.

Archived