Almost got fired to day...

• Members

I have an awesome getting fired story that I'd like to share while we're on the topic. I got a job with parks & rec. for a summer while I was home from University. My job was on the baseball crew, we basically went around and lined baseball diamonds, raked them, put out bases and wasted time. Easiest job in the world. One of my good friends got the same job, but they wanted to separate us because we never got any work done, so they stuck him at his own park. He had the keys to the buildings in the park which contained a golf cart that he used for riding around in the park. I should state here that this summer is when I broke up with a girlfriend of 2 years, I was hell bent on destruction and alcoholism, my drink of choice was malt liquor (St. Ides), I got completely hammered every single night, even spent a night in jail for public intoxication. Anyways, after the bar one night (hammered) I convinced my friend/co-worker to take the golf cart for a spin, I just wanted to drive around the park but he wanted to take it for a spin downtown to hit up an after hours club (which we found out didn't exist once we got there). We drove the golf cart down the city streets at 2AM (I also got ejected on a tight corner) to downtown, which is about 2-3 miles and parked the golf cart in a big bush (real conspicuous eh?). On our way back we made it to within 2 blocks of getting it back and got pulled over by the cops. We told him we were working and we just took it to the store. He made us push it back and lock it back up, and then told us that if he caught us doing it again we'd be fired. Needless to say never trust a cop, we got called in to work the next day early only to be fired.

Kinda long winded but I though you guys might enjoy it.

• Members

i remember back in the day when aol was new. people in chat rooms would always just get into the chat room and say "PRESS ALT+F4 FOR NAKED PICTURES!" and all the sudden like 20 names would drop off the chat room list. lol

• Members

Well right now I am the only person actually in the office and shop so...

Ususally however, I have enough of an excuse to be on the computer. I just alternate quickly between browser tabs onto something that appears to be work related. In all honesty, most of th etime nobody ever comes into my office. My GM wears boots that are easy to hear on the floor, and his admin assistant and I are good friends outside of work, so it is OK.

Now, my project manager has a bad habit of sneaking into here undetected and throwing {censored} at me (paper airplanes, empty water bottles, rubber bands, etc..) and following it with a line such as "Hey {censored}er, work now guitars later!" Fortunately we have worked together almost 4 years now and I know it is all in fun... and that he plays as well.

Archived