The Hold Steady

• Members

Anyone know what they are using? It seems to be Gibsons into epiphone amps but what about effects/

I don't remember seeing Finn using any, but the other guy had mostly Boss stuff from what I remember.

• Members

Ok thanks. I think me and you are the only fans on the forum

nah, I used to like them 'seperation sunday' is a great album, but that last one was a bit 'whatever'.....I just kind of went off them after that came out. They seem to have lost it a bit IMO.

• Members
They remind me of like, 70's-era Springsteen, not punk.
:idk:

Yeah, I think they're more along the lines of a Social Distortion: kinda an old school roots rock band that took it to the next level (hate that cliche, though). Not so much punk as just really good rock and roll.

• Members
nah, I used to like them 'seperation sunday' is a great album, but that last one was a bit 'whatever'.....I just kind of went off them after that came out. They seem to have lost it a bit IMO.

Their first one is my favourite, but I love seperation sunday. Lyrically, that album is just above everything - it's so dense.

Good to know other people like them :thu:

• Members
They remind me of like, 70's-era Springsteen, not punk.
:idk:

So sorry. If Social D's not punk either I don't know what is. Mike Ness and Craig Finn are pretty punk if you ask me. It's really just an attitude and has little to do with the actual music.

• Members
So sorry. If Social D's not punk either I don't know what is. Mike Ness and Craig Finn are pretty punk if you ask me. It's really just an attitude and has little to do with the actual music.

What? I didn't say anything about Social Distortion. :(

I don't think they have a punk rock attitude, etiher. :idk:

Archived