is my korg DT10 a good buffer?

• Members

I just read this month's Guitar Player article about creating your pedalboard, and after reading the section about true-bypass vs. buffers, i realized that despite all my efforts and thoughts that i had a good system with enough true-bypassing to keep my signal safe, i didn't know anything about the buffering business!! and i've built pedals and everything (from instructions mind you).

There is a little bit of signal degradation when i go through my pedalboard vs. straight to amp, but i haven't systematically tried to figure it out (i assumed that i would just have to deal with it). I think the only pedal i'm running that doesn't have nor has been modded for true bypass is my tube screamer, and then of course, the tuner...

So, the first thing my signal sees is the korg tuner. Is it generally regarded as a good buffer, or is it a lame buffer?

Am i not buff(ered) enough?

(you can see my signal path below)

• Members

I currently have a DT-10, and the last two gigs I've played my tone seemed much more trebly and thinner than usual. I've had the DT-10 for years now, and never seemed to have a problem before now, but after some messing around this week I'm fairly sure it's the culprit. The only change I've made to my board (which is not terribly large or anything--it's a Klonebender->Liquid Sunshine->Voodoo Labs Trem->DT-10->Keeley modded AD-9) has been swapping in out a Jacques Prisoner for the AD-9. It might be down to pedal placement, or the particular venues we played, but at home, there is a slight difference in the tone no matter where the Korg is placed in the pedal chain. Try pulling it out of the signal path and then put it back in to see if there's enough of a change to matter to you.

Archived