Best reverb for OTT sounds?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You could put the verbzilla onto a spring setting, and go guitar>left in>left out > right in > right out> amp and it would be huuuuuuuuuge and sproingy.

This is making me want a Verbzilla. RV-3's seem quite expensive in the spam thread, but thanks for the suggestion. Any others?

• Members

I have a Holiest Grail, its awesome in my opinion. Has four banks with two reverb presets in each, plus you can create your own reverb sounds and save them as presets. It'll do just about any reverb sound you can concieve to a decent standard, and some to an excellent standard. I kept my Holy Grail after I got it though... As a back-up I suppose, the Holiest Grail can get into some nasty digital clipping, but you can tweak that 100% out. Only buy if you can try it first I'd say.

• Members

I have a Holiest Grail, its awesome in my opinion. Has four banks with two reverb presets in each, plus you can create your own reverb sounds and save them as presets. It'll do just about any reverb sound you can concieve to a decent standard, and some to an excellent standard. I kept my Holy Grail after I got it though... As a back-up I suppose, the Holiest Grail can get into some nasty digital clipping, but you can tweak that 100% out. Only buy if you can try it first I'd say.

Cheers. I'll try and find one near me.

• Members

I just tried something neat yesterday.

guitar> A input of DR100 (RV-5 copy)out of A> DE7>B input of DR100 out of B> amp. Kind of lweird, but got crazy, and had some nice reverbed mild feedback (ala Ros) mixed with a wash of nice verb.

Dont need an RV-5, just soemthing with STEREO IN AND OUT.

• Members

I want a crazy sounding reverb. I know the Verbzilla is popular for this, but I'm not to keen on it, nor the RV-5. The only one I can think of is the
Holiest Grail
. Anyone got any ideas?

you just answered your own Q. i got one. it can do anything. and it can get VERY crazy. you need to tweak it ALOT to find the sweet spots.

• Members

I want a crazy sounding reverb. I know the Verbzilla is popular for this, but I'm not to keen on it, nor the RV-5. The only one I can think of is the Holiest Grail. Anyone got any ideas?

I know some think the Holiest Grail can do anything, but it CAN'T. Have a listen to the demo I posted here, and listen to just a small fraction of EXACTLY what the Holiest grail CAN'T do.

h8000fw-front-med.jpg

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/~/media/Files/Product%20multimedia/H8000FW%20audio/h8kdemo.ashx

The more affordable version:

eclipse_f_med.jpg

• Members

I know some think the Holiest Grail can do anything, but it CAN'T. Have a listen to the demo I posted here, and listen to just a small fraction of EXACTLY what the Holiest grail CAN'T do.

lol'd

it cant do 80's. sorry, forgot to mention that............

• Members

lol'd

it cant do 80's. sorry, forgot to mention that............

PFFTTTT... Classic FOS sdresdre blabbering

It can't do a lot more than just 80's stuff as well :p As a matter of fact it can't hold a candle to just about EVERY rack reverb processor ever created. Holy Grail and the Holiest Grail's SUCK, when comparing them to REAL processors, the EHX reverb pedals are mere toys for boys, by contrast. :lol::p

• Members

It can't do a lot more than just 80's stuff as well
:p
As a matter of fact it can't hold a candle to just about EVERY rack reverb processor ever created. Holy Grail and the Holiest Grail's SUCK, when comparing them to REAL processors, the EHX reverb pedals are mere toys.
:lol::p

yeh, those clips of yours sure seem to show that off.......... :lol: im sure you havent even tried a holiest grail. your right, those delay/verb sounds on broken social scene records made with a holiest grail really suck.... :rolleyes:

• Members

yeh, those clips of yours sure seem to show that off..........
:lol:
im sure you havent even tried a holiest grail. your right, those delay/verb sounds on broken social scene records made with a holiest grail really suck....
:rolleyes:

I'm not going to argue with you about what is OBVIOUS to anyone who isn't totally deaf or buried neck deep in ignorance. Do some studio research and find out just how many holy grails are their top choice. Then- find out what is their top choice and get back to me, mmkkay.

Oh ya, ask why it isn't their top choice while you're at it.

The Holy grail is meh...

• Members

I'm not going to argue with you about what is OBVIOUS to anyone who isn't totally deaf or buried neck deep in ignorance.

The Holy grail is meh...

im talking about the holiest grail your ignorance. the fact that you listen and play REALLY bad music makes your opinions invalid.

• Members

im talking about the holiest grail your ignorance. the fact that you listen and play REALLY bad music makes your opinions invalid.

:bor: I told you-- do some studio research of Major Studios that record Platinum selling artists and find out what their preferred reverb is-- I'll bet NONE of them come back with the Holiest Grail, as an answer. Then ask what they do prefer, then ask why it isn't the Holiest Grail. I'm not asking you to take my word for it.

THEN, get back to me... Strike that, I already know, and I know you do too. Just leave me alone. You don't like me, I don't like you and your continued harassment will end up landing you another vacation from here. Guaranteed

Don't believe me, try me. NOW, go in peace or just go, your call :wave:

• Members

:bor:
I told you-- do some studio research of Major Studios that record Platinum selling artists and find out what their preferred reverb is-- I'll bet NONE of them come back with the Holiest Grail, as an answer. Then ask what they do prefer, then ask why it isn't the Holiest Grail. I'm not asking you to take my word for it.

THEN, get back to me... Strike that, I already know, and I know you do too. Just leave me alone. You don't like me, I don't like you and your continued harassment will end up landing you another vacation from here. Guaranteed

Don't believe me, try me. NOW, go in peace or just go, your call
:wave:

yeah u really scare me buddy. your a walking joke :thu:

your harassing me chump :idea: you trolled my post :cop:

• Members

yeah u really scare me buddy. your a walking joke
:thu:

your harassing me chump
:idea:
you trolled my post
:cop:

In my 1st post, I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to the OP.

Hey if you like the Holy Grail and Holiest Grail FINE... Don't be so intolerant of others preferences, or suggestions-let it go.

BTW, you are=you're NOT your

Insults, are yet again started from you. Keep it up ;):wave: The last time had me ROFLMAO

• Members

Dear god...I now have Eventide gas...must...resist...
:eek:

Yup, they rule!!! :thu: They aren't some toy pedal and when it comes to OTT tones- NOTHING comes CLOSE to Eventide for OTT sounds. Unfortunately they are expensive, but for everything they do and the industry wide recognition and awards they've received by professionals over the years, one wouldn't expect them to be cheap.

For sdresdre: I posted these so people could decide for themselves, how FOS YOU are, and hear a small fraction of what these things are capable of... :p

H8000FW: NOT REALLY 80's IMO, especially since it came out in 2006

[YOUTUBE]IeroDKOR2BI[/YOUTUBE]

Check these out: Eclipse Clips

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/~/media/Files/Product%20multimedia/Eclipse%20audio/behindspace.ashx

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/~/media/Files/Product%20multimedia/Eclipse%20audio/ambientgtr1.ashx

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/~/media/Files/Product%20multimedia/Eclipse%20audio/allanchorus2.ashx

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/~/media/Files/Product%20multimedia/Eclipse%20audio/banddelays.ashx

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/Harmonizers/~/media/Files/Product%20multimedia/Eclipse%20audio/ambiclouds.ashx

[YOUTUBE]If0ambch-CY[/YOUTUBE]

Eventide DSP7000:

[YOUTUBE]ImA4e-YRA1M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UHxNduvru3o&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Oh ya, don't forget or rule out the Fractal Audio Axe-FX and Axe-FX Ultra

Archived