Favorite analog delay pedal?

vinylphile

• Members

Depends on my function.

If i'm going for a dark lofi tone type thing, and i want really odd sounding oscilation warbled into the part i'm playing. DM3 any day of the week.

For that extremely warm smooth and yet sexy delay with some kind of modulation on it. I highly recomend the DMM.

Though since its big and requires a different power source its not on my board.

I did have analog on my board for a while. Though now i have found that i can cop the same stuff with an rv3 and dd3.

• Members

I have a Visual Sound H2O, a Ibanez DL-5 Soundtank, and a Boss DM-2

The DM-2 is dark, its like the Les Paul of Delays good but dark
The H2O can do the DM-2 on the short setting but brighter, and with the longer setting its just amazing
The DL-5 is like a missing link, even tho its labeled Digital Delay it sounds rather analog

• Members

The DL-5 is like a missing link, even tho its labeled Digital Delay it sounds rather analog

I assume you mean the DL-4, and... really? The DL4 was probably the most digital sounding delay I've ever played.

• Members

Nah man the Ibanez DL-5 soundtank little beetle box, to me its in the analog sounding league with those digital like repeats

I also have a Line 6 DL-4 and lately, im not too fond of it since i got the DM-2 and DL-5, i also have an RV-3 but right now i use the DL-4 for Volume Swell, like a bow, and i dunno what to do with the 2 other settings, i need suggestions

• Members

What did you prefer about it?

i guess i just like darker delays..

sounds more natural (don't really know a good way of saying that) and i like the oscillation more

not saying the dmm wasn't a fantastic pedal though

but for the size and needing it's own adapter.. not really worth it to me

xo looks interesting

i do kind of miss the dmm's modulation though.. but i didn't use much

• Members

i guess i just like darker delays..

sounds more natural (don't really know a good way of saying that) and i like the oscillation more

not saying the dmm wasn't a fantastic pedal though

but for the size and needing it's own adapter.. not really worth it to me

xo looks interesting

i do kind of miss the dmm's modulation though.. but i didn't use much

A small touch of vibrato on those delays is wonderful. It really makes the pedal fantastic and really helps my sound.

Archived