Need headphone recommendations...

Vince

• Members

I ordered the ultimate ear Super.fi 5 Pro (160 euros) via amazon 6 Month ago and send them back becaus there was absolutly no difference to my 40 Euro Standard Sony In Ear headphones...! Okay with the Super.fi 5 you really cant hear noises from outside (when the music is turned out you feel like your under water while sitting in the BUS or Underground) but they didnt fit well in may ears! So i still have the 40 euro Sony headphones and for practicing with a POD right before a show or for practicing at my Girlfriends appartment i have the AKG Acoustics K 530 and they are unbeatable in this price class, they fit very comftable and are well made...

• Members

Sorry, I should have said I'd like in-ears.

Okay but you noticed that i dont like the ultimate ear stuff cant see the difference to normal in ears here! They only worth the cash when you will use them for in ear monitoring on a stage! Just take the sony in ears in the 40 - 60 Euros Price range and you will be happy...

• Members

I ordered the ultimate ear Super.fi 5 Pro (160 euros) via amazon 6 Month ago and send them back becaus there was absolutly no difference to my 40 Euro Standard Sony In Ear headphones...! Okay with the Super.fi 5 you really cant hear noises from outside (when the music is turned out you feel like your under water while sitting in the BUS or Underground) but they didnt fit well in may ears! So i still have the 40 euro Sony headphones and for practicing with a POD right before a show or for practicing at my Girlfriends appartment i have the AKG Acoustics K 530 and they are unbeatable in this price class, they fit very comftable and are well made...

Interesting - I've got the Super fi 3's (well, half at least) and I don't want to get them again, because they lack bass so I was considering the 5's, but I shall have to reconsider!

• Members

you mean like ear buds? is this just for musical enjoyment, like using your mp3 player then? because in recording, I imagine the over ear isolation is key...

Yeah, just listening to music on my ipod and my mac (encoded at high bitrate with minimal compression) and very occasional live use.

Archived