i want to add to my board, but what should i get?

• Members

PD.jpg

Thats my current board, i play everything from jazz to rock.....id like to have some sort of trem or vibe, maybe an actual analog delay, some more overdrive/distortion options, and maybe ditch the holy grail and get a solemate..... what are your thoughts, help me out.

• Members

PD.jpg

Thats my current board, i play everything from jazz to rock.....id like to have some sort of trem or vibe, maybe an actual analog delay, some more overdrive/distortion options, and maybe ditch the holy grail and get a solemate..... what are your thoughts, help me out.

A Nova Reverb would look and sound great as a compliment to your Nova Delay, perhaps a power supply, a Volume pedal, (Landau uses a Voodoo Vibe, and an Arion SCH-1 Chorus), though you will likely need to get a bigger board.

• Members

A Nova Reverb would look and sound great as a compliment to your Nova Delay, perhaps a power supply, a Volume pedal, (Landau uses a Voodoo Vibe, and an Arion SCH-1 Chorus), though you will likely need to get a bigger board.

I had a nova reverb for a short period of time, to me it seemed like to much money for what i would want out of a reverb pedal. Maybe i was just hoping to be blown away and wasnt ..... i duno. or maybe i didnt really give it a chance. but i messed around with it found a sound i thought sounded good, and then hooked up my HG and found out i could get really close to that with it so i just sent the nova back.

i have a onespot, what would be the advantage of a powersupply such as the DC brick? other than the 18 volt options?

oh and not pictured is a EB VPJr. so ive got the volume pedal covered also.

• Members

I had a nova reverb for a short period of time, to me it seemed like to much money for what i would want out of a reverb pedal. Maybe i was just hoping to be blown away and wasnt ..... i duno. or maybe i didnt really give it a chance. but i messed around with it found a sound i thought sounded good, and then hooked up my HG and found out i could get really close to that with it so i just sent the nova back.

i have a onespot, what would be the advantage of a powersupply such as the DC brick? other than the 18 volt options?

oh and not pictured is a EB VPJr. so ive got the volume pedal covered also.

It's all good. There are many directions to the road that leads the way to the multi-faceted hall of GREAT tone, depending on where one is coming from.

I suppose the only advantage is as you mentioned regarding the additional voltage accommodation, and unless your future growth will include an MXR Flanger (18V, or a Radial Tonebone OD 15V) there isn't really any advantage that sticks out.

• Members
;)

Here is a pic of a board I use now and again

Zachspedalboard.jpg

A pedal board? Someone has hijacked Zachmans account! :eekphil:

j/k, nice board. ;)

to the OP: Do you have any more info about what kinda sound you're looking for, and are you on a limited budget? If that was my board, I'd add a fuzz (or two), a phaser and a tremolo.

• Members

A pedal board? Someone has hijacked Zachmans account!
:eekphil:

j/k, nice board.
;)

to the OP: Do you have any more info about what kinda sound you're looking for, and are you on a limited budget? If that was my board, I'd add a fuzz (or two), a phaser and a tremolo.

:lol: The guys that think I ONLY utilize or suggest rack solutions are totally out of touch with reality. The Rack provides more versatility, and flexibly and sounds BETTER, but they do not want to believe that. That's ok though. Those of us who know-know. Those who mock are merely speculating. :lol:

• Members

You could get a germanium fuzz and a Keeley modded Boss Trem pedal. Your board looks pretty sweet already I think.

thanks a lot!, you think i should keep using the EQ for a solo bost or get some type of clean boost?...... i messed around with a fulltone vibe pedal today the one with the foot controlled speed, it was pretty sweet i thought.

i would like to have some sort of modulation effect and a few other overdrive options and maybe a fuzz.

Archived