Boss: Overdrive vs Super Overdrive

goth70

• Members

As incredible as it sounds, I have never in my life owned a Boss pedal. So I thought I'd ask you guys.

My friend (guitar hero fanatic becoming an aspiring real player) wants to get a Boss because its in her price range. I have no experience with them. The OD-3 is never in stock locally.

What are the differences between the Overdrive and the Super Overdrive? Is it just more gain with the super, or is there a tone difference? I assume they are TS-9 based????

She almost sent off for a Line 6 Crunchtone today based on clips, but I said let's ask the forum first, Boss is probably better if you are going cheap.

• Members

Well if it cuts bass the Super is out of the running.

She has a little VOX. A 15 watter or whatever the smallest tube combo that they make. She just wants some dirt at living room volumes. She's just a chord-er likes the jangly pop and alternative stuff. No wailing solos or SRV stuff.

• Members

Well if it cuts bass the Super is out of the running.

She has a little VOX. A 15 watter or whatever the smallest tube combo that they make. She just wants some dirt at living room volumes. She's just a chord-er likes the jangly pop and alternative stuff. No wailing solos or SRV stuff.

i really think the sd-1 is what you need (im not trying to sell you mine, just my opinion.)

it doesnt cut as much bass as they say, and its perfect for living room jams.

• Members

i have an OS 2 and i love it to bits!! it's not as warm or subtle as my tube screamer but still you get sexy overdrive and heavy distortion!! two pedals in one... the colour knob is quite sensitive which i like.... but i always have issues with the tone control though, dont know why... maybe its my amp, but im particular with tone controls on pedals. on the MT2 theres a great EQ selection but i dont like pedals that just give you the one tone control between high and low

• Members

I do not conduct research. I make demands like a little bitch and have people with nothing better to do spoon-feed me the answers. Wha ha ha.

Just for that I will not buy your stinky overdrive. Why would somebody spend 35 bucks for your used pedal when they can walk into any guitar center and buy it new for 40 bucks ten minutes later?

Seriously thanks for the responses. I will take the pretty girl's advice and take my friend to get her OD-3.

• Members

I do not conduct research. I make demands like a little bitch and have people with nothing better to do spoon-feed me the answers. Wha ha ha.

Just for that I will not buy your stinky overdrive. Why would somebody spend 35 bucks for your used pedal when they can walk into any guitar center and buy it new for 40 bucks ten minutes later?

Seriously thanks for the responses. I will take the pretty girl's advice and take my friend to get her OD-3.

Don't be too hard on him, It's Not Easy Being White...

• Members

yas.

the od3 is amazing. its got a really open, organic sound. it can go from a clean boost to some medium gain, and it sounds really great. it LOVES vox amps.

What echo said, and also it is just about the most transparent overdrive I have ever used. And I've used a lot...

OCD V.3

Throbak Overdrive Boost

Dr. Scientist Woofer Wailer

DBA Interstellar Overdrive

EHX English Muffn'

Boss BD-2 (Analog Man)

So I guess what I'm saying is that she could do a lot worse than an OD-3 for her first pedal:cop:

• Members

Not easy being white??????WTF?

I'm just kidding around with the guy.

I did not research the pedals on this forum because.......try typing Boss and Overdrive into the search box. 9 billion two hundred million hits. It was just easier to ask.

Archived