I think my board may well be done! (contains pics)

Tengo

• Members

n223306200_3945634_5586.jpg

Signal goes Guitar -> Fish n Chips -> Small Stone -> Micro POG -> Volume + Tuner -> Keeley DS-1 -> Stock Dyna Comp -> DMM -> DL4 -> Amp

Honestly, unless someone pops an XO DMM in my lap, I don't want anything else :)

Please rate or slate, I love these threads :thu:

• Members

heh, thanks, I feel all proud now in a pathetic sort of way! :D

I tell you what though, it's amazing how much extra cash I have in my bank in the space of a week of not scouting around.

• Members

Yup, it's more than a squeeze! If I really wanted to I'd get it raised for the power plugs to go on the bottom, but I think it's a really good idea to limit size. I'd like a nice tremolo, but then when I got that, would I stop?

• Members

Yeah, I take it you don't do an awful lot of looping with that DL-4.

I actually do quite a bit. The way it's positioned suits me, as I go into overdub mode straight away almost all the time. You get used to stomping the right place after a while. I did have an RC-2 and BYOC digi delay on board, but the DL4 is just so much more versatile.

• Members

i'm not sure i could live with my pedals all facing different ways. even one or two out of alignment would play on my mind.

do you not have difficulty switching on say the DS-1 without worrying about hitting knobs out of settings?

nice pedal choices though. no boutique flavour-of-the-month pedals :D

• Members

With regards to the DS-1 for both of the questions:

I really don't worry about my pedals being all at different angles, in fact, I kinda enjoy it. It became a real challenge identifying how to maximize the PT2. Instead of stamping with my whole foot, I tap with the area from my toes to the ball of the foot and lift my heel up. Again, seems odd to people who have them all lined up facing, but it's something you get used to within minutes.

I LOVE THE DS-1!!! I had a stock one on for a while, which I rated pretty highly as well. I saw a cheap keeley one going in the spam thread and thought I would see what it was like, so replaced stock with keeley and it's just awesome! When playing electric, I have it set tone: 10.30, level: 9.30, dist: 11 and it's such a cool smooth tone, with just the right amount of bite. When playing acoustic (my primary playing style) I have the level dropped and the dist at 1.30 and whenever I switch it on for a big rocky part it just kicks ass, and no one in the crowd can tell where that sound came from- it's cool!

• Members

With regards to the DS-1 for both of the questions:

I really don't worry about my pedals being all at different angles, in fact, I kinda enjoy it. It became a real challenge identifying how to maximize the PT2. Instead of stamping with my whole foot, I tap with the area from my toes to the ball of the foot and lift my heel up. Again, seems odd to people who have them all lined up facing, but it's something you get used to within minutes.

I LOVE THE DS-1!!! I had a stock one on for a while, which I rated pretty highly as well. I saw a cheap keeley one going in the spam thread and thought I would see what it was like, so replaced stock with keeley and it's just awesome! When playing electric, I have it set tone: 10.30, level: 9.30, dist: 11 and it's such a cool smooth tone, with just the right amount of bite. When playing acoustic (my primary playing style) I have the level dropped and the dist at 1.30 and whenever I switch it on for a big rocky part it just kicks ass, and no one in the crowd can tell where that sound came from- it's cool!

lol I sold you the Keeley!

I really hated the Keeley - I found it to be quite fuzzy and just couldn't work with it at all. Glad you like it though.

Archived