so my supervisor is a nerd just like me.

mrweems

• Members

I went intot he break room talking with my friend.

Not exactly a supervisor seeing how i work at the cinema.

I think i may be a year older than him.

But yesterday he asked me what amp i had. And so we went into a good 30 min disscusion about our collections.

All i know is i definately want to see his rig now.

Orange AD30 combo.

MIA tele.

He said he just got a trailer trash board.

he mentioned meantone red snapper, keeley compressor, of course some boss.. thats all i can remember but he also said he had some other pretty dope guitars.

• Members

i cant read.

Oh. Ok.

Well i'll see him soon enough again. He is pretty cool. I wonder if he is any good.

But he knew of Dr z and so that gave him some mad respect from me. Also i said i had a pog and his eyes lit up. And etc...

man.. i love gear. makes great friendships!

• Members

Now when you ask for a raise you can justify it by saying you need more gear.

He'll understand.

sadly he doens't control that.

but i'm sure it could have some influence.

there is like 3 managers.

5 sub managers.

and then 15 people that are still above me.

Its really weird and i don't understand it.

• Members

Thats so tight. Find out more!

he said that was his only amp.

he said something like 20 guitars. but his tele was his main guitar

He spoke of 3 "Gibson" guitars. one is a 60's i believe, 60's ri, and then an 80's LP studio.

• Members

haha, that's pretty neat.
I had a rad office job in Toronto with a loud, fat bald boss who was the best salesman I've ever seen in my life. One day he takes me into his office after seeing me playing with a guitar pick between my fingers, and tells me all about his years playing in a hardcore punk band and touring the country in a {censored}ty van. Showed me pictures, he had a hawk and leather jacket. The works.

Listened to some 80's punk rock, then I went back to my desk and we never spoke of it again. Weirdest day ever.

• Members

I had the opposite experience last night at my cinema, although with another emploee, not a manager.

He was talking about he wasn't really into this amp and that, like these pickups, ect, and I have been less and less into caring what tone sounds like lately. I think I kinda got to the point where I'm like, "ok, if I tweak knobs, it might as well be ones on my effects pedals that make cool noises." Playing is more fun than trying to nail the perfect tone. Hell, pretty much everything is.

• Members

I had the opposite experience last night at my cinema, although with another emploee, not a manager.

He was talking about he wasn't really into this amp and that, like these pickups, ect, and I have been less and less into caring what tone sounds like lately. I think I kinda got to the point where I'm like, "ok, if I tweak knobs, it might as well be ones on my effects pedals that make cool noises." Playing is more fun than trying to nail the perfect tone. Hell, pretty much everything is.

I've got my perfect tone just about..

Archived