Just Ordered A Keeley Rat II

• Members

Actually I just got a phone call from Keeley and they've cancelled my order. This is why -

There has been a huge amount of confusion about the RAT - this is rumour control, here are the facts:

Proco, makers of the RAT, moved their manufacturing (again) and quality went through the floor. Welcome to the US manufacturing business. This interrupted the supply of pedals to Keeley USA and yet another design and component change meant that the folks there had to work up yet another mod to fix all the new problems. They did this and we've just received a batch of pedals that have had all the fault corrected. They are just as good as the older pedals but they cost us much more than usual - we've not passed the cost on to our customers.

Now, Keeley USA are deciding whether to continue with the RAT or not. This means that we are currently NOT taking orders for it as supply is questionable. We hope to be able to offer this great pedal again soon but if we do the price will be higher for certain. Please watch this space for more news.

Any questions please email us or call +44 (0)1223 841035

Link.

He said that there are a lot of rumours online and people are getting it all wrong so this sets things straight I guess.

• Members

congrats, hope you like it......

no joy with the HM-2?

Heya,

yeah the HM-2 is OK, but it requires a lot of tweaking. It's a great pedal for lead playing. I just wanted to get the Rat after hearing lots of good things about it here.

• Members
Actually I just got a phone call from Keeley and they've cancelled my order. This is why -

Link.

He said that there are a lot of rumours online and people are getting it all wrong so this sets things straight I guess.

mmm...interesting. that's a bugger....if I see any mint comdition ones around I'll let you know. :thu:

• Members
mmm...interesting. that's a bugger....if I see any mint comdition ones around I'll let you know.
:thu:

hahah, yes do ;)

I'm looking at different pedals now, something that's not overdrive or distortion related..... Maybe a DD-7?

• Members
It's one of my best musical purchases so far. It's sturdy, quiet, versatile and pretty cheap. You can't go much better than that in my opinion.

as far as I understand the Keeley mod makes it sound more like a 'natural tube overdrive' :rolleyes:

Archived