anyone the fans of the vines?

mrweems

• Members

always seemed the most generic of those "retroish" bands that came out around the same time ie. the vines, the strokes, the hives, the white stripes etc.

Oh, how I remember the summer of 2002. I ran out and bought all the latest cd's of the vines, hives and the strokes. Funny thing is I don't listen to any of them anymore, except i'm in love with the white stripes now, go figure eh?

• Members

I think they are alright. I have Highly Evolved, and it has some pretty good songs, the rest kinda seems like filler. I enjoy The Strokes, The Hives and The White Stripes alot more, with the last being one of my all time favorite bands.

• Members

always seemed the most generic of those "retroish" bands that came out around the same time ie. the vines, the strokes, the hives, the white stripes etc.

+1

but The Hives and The White Stripes are awesome

• Members

they did have a great video though, that ride with me song...the one where they were in a gym playing and then it showed all of these other bands playing in the gym with them. i just liked how it showed a gym full of bands of all different styles.

• Members

putting the hives, the vines, the white stripes and the stokes in the same basket only because they start with 'The' is retarded.

I dont love the vines, saw them once and they put on a good rock show, have some good tunes.

• Members

putting the hives, the vines, the white stripes and the stokes in the same basket only because they start with 'The' is retarded.

I dont love the vines, saw them once and they put on a good rock show, have some good tunes.

yeah, I agree that they aren't really like each other in anyway.

• Members

the singer guy who's name i can't remember always seemed like a contrived cobain wanna-be. on both letterman and i think one of the mtv awards, all his bs seemed (to me) to be really thought out and (pre) planned. especially the over-the-top vocal delivery which he graced us with on both shows (and i'm sure in many concerts)...at the time, it occurred to me that he watched live tonight: sold out (when kurt's guitar is out of tune and screams come as you are) a few too many times and decided to copy a one-time, split second decision and turn it into a shtick.

plus i think it's pretty common knowledge that they started as a nirvana cover band back in australia....which probably influences my opinion above.

heh. with all that said, i bought the first record for $6 and i think it's ok. some good songs, some bad...:idk:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Archived