Anyone like Angra?

• Members

I don't normally listen to heavy stuff, but I love this band, especially their album Aurora Consurgens which is so melodic, has great lyrics and loads of great guitar playing. Anyone else dig Angra?

Great band, i listen to them a lot, especially Angels Cry album. :love::)

• Members

All power metal is cheesy, but I don't think that Angra are as cheesy as, say, Hammerfall. At least Angra's lyrics have variations.

Well, for me the cheesiness stems more from the vocalist sounding like someone punched him in the nuts repeatedly.

• Members

The stuff with the original singer cracks me up, the vocals do anyway. Edu kicks ass, though. I have the Temple Of Shadows CD/DVD set and the concert on the DVD really jams.

It is strange to hear metal of any kind with overt spiritual/religious lyrics instead of the standard "I wanna bite off your head and eat your baby" bull{censored} that has been a staple of metal for years.

I know Stryper did it but I never paid any attention to them and sure wouldn't put them in the same category talent-wise as Angra.

Here's a video from the DVD. The sound wasn't too hot on my computer but the DVD video and audio are top notch. Edu has the air guitar thing down pretty good!

[YOUTUBE]pU7j86U_lqo[/YOUTUBE]

edit: I think this has the cheezoid audience participation section, sorry. I always hated that "say yeah!...I can't hear ya!" stuff at concerts.

• Members

edit: I think this has the cheezoid audience participation section, sorry. I always hated that "say yeah!...I can't hear ya!" stuff at concerts.

That DVD is great! Very professionally done and the sound quality is A+. The lyrics on Aurora Consergeous seem to be about mental illness - "it's such a perfect day to throw it all awayyyyyyyy" *cue melodic guitar solo with tasteful shredding*

Archived