A Couple Rack Questions!

• Members

Hey guys I'm ordering a flight case this week that's going to hold my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, Bogner Shiva, and a couple rack pieces. I currently have no rack gear, but plan on getting a furman power conditioner and possibly a tuner and a wireless. My question is how many rack spaces should I get? The flight case company recomended a 4 space rack, but I feel like over time that may not be enough. I plan on using my pedal board for effects but a power conditioner, korg tuner, and wireless already takes up 3 spaces...would I really need anything else?

ps Also where do the korg rack tuners plug into? The back of the head? Would it be possible to plug 1 korg rack tuner into both my dual rectifier and shiva at the same time.

psps If I have two heads to manage what type of furman power conditioner should I get, there's sooo many.

Sorry for all the questions :)

• Members

my friend uses 3 rack spaced cases and i don't like them, just not enough room, esp if you are going to put cables and anything else in them (powerstrip/duct tape etc).

that fourth space could be used as storage/a tray

• Members

i would use a 6u or 8u rack case so that you have space be there any changes in your rig in the future .
In terms of stuff you have in there its sounds good .

other stuff you might want.....

Compressor
Sonic maximizer
Trays, Draws
Equalizer

But if you're like me and like to keep it pretty simple then what you have is fine;)

Archived