Dunlop BASS Wah - Anyone use it for guitar?

dZjupp

• Members

i've been interested in getting another wah, but i would like it to have a different than normal wah sound and have been interested in Bass wahs, i think moar rodriguez uses this model. any info?

239171.jpg

• Members

I have that pedal and I love it on bass. Try it if you can. If there's a delay and a pop between on and off in the store, don't worry about it, once you get home open it up and turn a trim pot to off and the delay and pop go away. I can try to play my brothers {censored}ty guitar and tell you how it sounds?

• Members

The Bass Crybaby is different than the standard only by the sweep capacitor (0.068uF vs 0.01uF).

I converted a Crybaby for use in a bass using the mod above, and found that with Guitar, it was unusable (unless you want a drastic on/off sounding effect).

• Members

What he said ^

I fairly recently modded a bog standard Cry Baby for Ed from Beecher/Freezing Fog and turned a pile of {censored} into a boutique standard wah. Buy the cheapest most basic one and then check out Andreas' site for a load of really easy and effective mods to make it brilliant.

Archived