OT: Michael Hutchence

• Members

I'm a big fan of Michael Hutchence era INXS, and the song "Possibilities" off of his solo album is one of the most haunting songs ever recorded. So I just saw this on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120268974795&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

and it gave me a great excuse to start a Michael Hutchence thread. What a loss? He was one of the great singers of Rock.

[YOUTUBE]TdL3NMjsdfI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FCB5ZFnDS-4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PGnLv-VJDeA[/YOUTUBE]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PGnLv-VJDeA

• Members

:cry:

I was very sad when he died.

I think I was just as sad when they had that TV show to replace him.

I love almost all the early INXS stuff. Kick was an awesome album, too. I didn't really care for elegantly wasted as much

What a way to go at least.

• Members

I knew this would happen. There was no clinical evidence to suggest that he died doing what you think he was doing.

I know, but it had to be said. Even if true it doesn't take anything away from his music.

• Members

I know, but it had to be said. Even if true it doesn't take anything away from his music.

:thu: that's cool. I think that in his last days he was incredibly lonely, which is very sad. Definitely one of the best singers of all time, listening to him on the Live Baby Live album is a great experience. He was one of those singers who could really perform as well live as on record.

• Members

I knew this would happen. There was no clinical evidence to suggest that he died doing what you think he was doing.

Umm..yeah, he did.

I'm sorry to say. I didn't believe it either but I did hear from reliable sources, not just speculation.

And the TV show was a disgrace. They should have returned to the name Farriss Brothers. Everyone would have known who they were but they wouldn't have raped the INXS name. This is further proof of how pissed off the guys were with Hutch.

• Members

I remember when he was hit by a car while riding his bicycle. He suffered a serious head injury if I remember right.

I've heard people that knew him say that he was never quite the same person after he recovered and that his depression followed

• 1 year later...

Archived