Boss DD-7 Vid

zwtyo

• Members

It's a great delay. I returned it though, because the ehx SMMH just had too many positive reviews and I needed a better reverse delay/looper. I love that you can apply effects to the smmh's loops.

i'm all about that tap tempo though man. i'm sold on that more than the loops. i never use them THAT much.

• Members

...the SMMH has tap tempo. On board.

dd-7 is more compact though. i haven't done much research on the SMMH. I had a horrible experience with my holy grail and I've kind of tried to stay away from EHX. Maybe I had a crap unit?

• Members

dd-7 is more compact though. i haven't done much research on the SMMH. I had a horrible experience with my holy grail and I've kind of tried to stay away from EHX. Maybe I had a crap unit?

I pm'd you about a DD-7

• Members

Well the holy grails are typically good, but overheat a lot and noisy. So that is pretty normal. To really use the tap tempo on the dd-7 you need to attach an external switch (fs-5u) or a custom tap tempo. The custom tap tempo and the dd-7 are probably still alittle smaller, and it does sound great. If I could have both I would, but for me the SMMH won for having a looper that could recall the one loop, presets, reverse/delay/effect loop (boss only loops, can't apply the delay). I will say the boss is a great sounding unit and the analog is wonderful. Either way is a win, just depends on your needs.

• Members

Well the holy grails are typically good, but overheat a lot and noisy. So that is pretty normal. To really use the tap tempo on the dd-7 you need to attach an external switch (fs-5u) or a custom tap tempo. The custom tap tempo and the dd-7 are probably still alittle smaller, and it does sound great. If I could have both I would, but for me the SMMH won for having a looper that could recall the one loop, presets, reverse/delay/effect loop (boss only loops, can't apply the delay). I will say the boss is a great sounding unit and the analog is wonderful. Either way is a win, just depends on your needs.

did you notice a severe volume drop when you turn on your holy grail?

Archived