Does anyone here use the TC Nova reverb pedal?

Blungo

• Members

If so, how do you like it?

I'm currently using an old Alessis Microverb which actually sounds ok to me ( i only use the very long decay hall setting and sometimes the reverse reverb).

I wouldn't mind having a reverb that fits on my (small) pedalboard.

I had a Dr. Scientist RRR, which just didn't have a big enough sounding reverb setting on it for me. I have considered the Behringer Pro-Verb, but then i'm back in the same situation as now with reverb controls not on the pedalboard.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

I have one and it doesn't sound like a pedal reverb, it sounds like a big room. I totally recommend it if you want realistic reverb.

Thanks!

Do you find it mucks up your signal when you're not using reverb?

I assume it's not true bypass and always digitizes your signal...

• Members

I'm playing one right now, best reverb in a pedal period. The only one I tried that was in the same ballpark was the T-Rex, but it's also $200 more...

Thanks. Do you ever use the Cathederal setting?

• Members

^ I definitely get that impression after listening to it more closely. At first I didn't really think it was such a massive improvement to justify the price, but the tone is pretty phenomenal. If it does modulated reverbs like the Boss RV-5, I'd be pretty sold on it.

• Members

Le bump. Just wondering if anyone else uses this thing.

I got one in the mail today to sub out a RV-5. I find that it has a bit less depth than the RV-5 at the longest settings, but that's probably because I overuse long reverb and the mod/hall settings a lot. The reverbs sound a lot more natural, though.

The mod reverb is very unlike the RV-5's. The RV-5 mod reverb is more of a chorus + reverb thing, while this mod reverb is just...well, I don't really know how to describe it. It's not really 'modulation' as in flanger/phaser/chorus/etc.

• Members

If so, how do you like it?

I'm currently using an old Alessis Microverb which actually sounds ok to me ( i only use the very long decay hall setting and sometimes the reverse reverb).

I wouldn't mind having a reverb that fits on my (small) pedalboard.

I had a Dr. Scientist RRR, which just didn't have a big enough sounding reverb setting on it for me. I have considered the Behringer Pro-Verb, but then i'm back in the same situation as now with reverb controls not on the pedalboard.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Never used the Nova but I just got myself a Mr. Springgy. It is amazing:love:

I can't actually believe its just a pedal.

• Members

Never used the Nova but I just got myself a Mr. Springgy. It is amazing:love:

I can't actually believe its just a pedal.

Does the Mr. Springy do a long decay big hall type of verb?

I'm starting to think a Verbzilla is what i need.

• Members

Am I right in saying the Nova Reverb only has 1 preset, and you can flip back and forth between the preset sound and the manual knob positions sound?

I might have that wrong, but I seem to remeber reading that and being surprised because the Nova Delay has 9 preset slots.

• Members

I don't recall decay times, but the Nova killed Verbzilla tone-wise.

Thanks, it's just that some reverbs don't have a "spacious" enough setting for me. Maybe i need to go back to a rack reverb?

Archived