Any Mesa Boogie Express users here?

DanJep

• Members

I almost got one when i bought my F100. It sounded great and its pretty cheap for a boogie. I'd go for it. In my opinion you can't really go wrong with a mesa if thats the type of amp you want. High gain preamp based distortion. Its not like a Vox, a Fender or a more simple circuit amp. If you like a boogie type amp you can't go wrong with a 5:50.

• Members

Quite well. Distortion pedals sound good going into the clean channel. I use that a lot for low gain. Delay/reverb sounds great in the loop. I haven't heard a pedal that the amp didnt take well. The only concern is that the loop is parallel amp it can't do 100% wet. It hasn't bothered me yet except for trying to use a volume pedal. Delay and reverb doesn't sound good in front with distortion but that isn't really good on anything.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I used to own a Lonestar Special and if I could do it over again I would've got one of those Express combos instead. I didn't try the Express until a few months after I got the LSS but I could get all the same great tones out of the Express and it's obviously more affordable.

It was sex with an Xotic AC Booster in the front as well.

Archived