Best Looper for <350

• Members

Eh, if I had to do it over again I think i'd get the digitech just for the USB capability. I've been using the RC-20xl as a sort of holding tank for ideas and it'd be nice to be able to download them off of there, rather than cabling up and recording off of it, editing the loops, etc

• Members

As a live tool?

Definitely the DL-4 or the Akai Headrush. I'm just not into scrolling through options on stage I guess...

I've owned my DL-4 for over five years without a problem (and I bought it from some guy used). It sits on my pedalboard and goes to every show with me. The power supply actually broke before the DL-4...

• Members

IMO, There is no good reason to be wary of the DL4. If you understand how it works it should give you YEARS of happy looping. If you're in a regularly touring/gigging band and plan on stomping it nightly, like, heavy, heavy use, then you'd want a back-up. This is the case for a LOT of modern pedals though.

I've had 4x DL4s. All bought broken & easily fixed. I've had one E2. Got it in excellent cosmetic shape but wasn't able to tame the noise and had to let it go. Also found the delay modes sterile and boring. . .

Archived