Loopers

Mikeo

• Members

I currently own a RC20 and Boomerang plus

I don't really like either one of these pedals, but let's say on a positive note there's things I like about each pedal.

I think between the 2 pedal, I have had more success with the Boomerang in a live situation.

I only pay acoustic guitar with the Boomerang, and it seems my phases are more acurate and natraul feeling with this one.

The RC 50, I was wondering about. Looks pretty complicated but interesting.

Mixed reviews out there, so I'm not sure about it and for 500 bucks it better be all that and more.

I looked at the Akai Headrush and that has 20 seconds of time, which ain't really that much.

The Jam man seems kinda like the Roland with a huge memory, which might be pretty nice of saving things..

Seems like they all have a few good points, and lacking in things as well

So what are folks using and what do you recommend?

• Members

I use the rc-20xl I think a lot of people have problems with loopers because of timing issues.I have played drums for almost 40 years and guitar for 15 which gives me a pretty decent sense of timing so everything with looping seemed pretty intuitive.The rc works great for home or live no complaints.

• Members

after messing around with boomerang a lot today, I'm probably most happy with this one.
There's a few thing that I don't care about the pedal, like the wheel is on the wrong side of the pedal, no undue, the tap tempo on the Roland seems like a nice feature in theory, but seems un-natural, no save on the rang, but I us mine for live stuff.

There's a new Boomerang coming out and I see what that may bring.

I have talked to the sales reps at Boss, Akai, Digitech, Line 6 has a new model, but features amp modeling which I have no use for, plus there's no way to scroll through the next phrase.

Thank for the suggestions, but for now the Rang stays.

Archived