Slight hiss on DMM repeats...

• Members

I just noticed this the other night, and I'm wondering whether it was there all along, and I just didn't notice it for whatever reason, or if something has happened in transport, or something.

I realize that that's part of the nature of an analog delay, I'm just wondering why I never noticed it, before. Is this a thing that can go wrong on one, if it didn't start out that way? It's possible that I have been using it in a more noisy environment, before. Anybody else experienced this?

• Members
One of the trimpots might be set too hot. Might be an easy fix. If not, you could always send the unit to Howard Davis for recalibration, and have him mod it for extended delay while he's got it.

That crossed my mind, but that runs $100 or so, even without any other repars, doesn't it? I'm getting ready to move, and cash is a little tight at the moment.:(

• Members

That crossed my mind, but that runs $100 or so, even without any other repars, doesn't it? I'm getting ready to move, and cash is a little tight at the moment.
:(

Not sure what his prices are at the moment. Was the unit new or used? If it was new, seems like they should recalibrate it for free.

• Members
I've never had any hiss with my DMM. It's one of the ones with the built-in adaptor/wall wart. Maybe that's part of the solution?

I never had any noticeable problem with mine, until recently. Mine has the wall wart, too. It must have just turned from digital to analog on me.:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

my DMM is making a ruckus of noise..

i had it on the shelf for a few months.. now this?

in my frustration i attempted to tweak trimpots to maybe correct it.. I marked them and reset back... but that was probably more harmful than helpful..

i miss my nice quiet DMM.

Archived