Wah that doesnt wah?

• Members

Hey guys, i just got a rocktron black cat moan, and im finding that i cant really hear it go wah. On Normal settings, it goess from an oooooh sound to a normal guitar sound... on classic you cant hear it at all... and on bass you can only hear it on the low strings...

I had the same lack of wah sound from my old crybaby gcb-95. It was just so subtle, and had a tiny sweep.

Could this possibly be caused by a bad power supply? Im using one of those Visual Sound One Spots

• Members

One spot should work fine.

It's worked OK with my wahs.

Do you not hear the wah with certain other effects such as a fuzz?

Or even when clean?

i hear it best when clean, but even then the crybaby and rocktron sounded pretty lame.

WHen i kick on my ddistortion channels though, it just covers the wah right up. :confused:

I usually run it:

guitar --> wah --> marshall 6100lm

or

guitar --> maxon od808 --> wah --> marshall 6100lm

• Members

Most regular so to speak wahs won't react well with Distortion/fuzz type effects placed in front of them. If you can hear the wah as you should on the clean channel and your distortion is covering up the wah you should look into getting an output buffer or more commonly known as a fuzz buffer installed in it. This will help with the impedance that these type of effects tend to have and should clear up your no wah issue. Or you could simply get a wah that has a fuzz buffer preinstalled. I would suggest if you want to find which pedal is causing the problem to use the process of elimination.

Archived