Xotic RC-Booster...worth it?

IRG

• Members

Xotic stompboxes are awesome, all of them sound good. I was between the AC, RC, and BB and went with the AC.

Good to know. I've heard good things, just never "heard" one, so I'm relying on clips and owners. Tnx.

• Members

I never turn off my rc boost. The tone seems anemic now without it.

I never turn mine off either, fantastic pedal ! I switch between two gibsons and a strat, and I like how I can tweak the treble and bass settings on the pedal to adjust to the guitar, while keeping most of the other pedals at my regular settings. On the Exotic website, there is some discussion in the forums about placement of the pedal. While you certainly can add it to the end of the chain for a pure boost, the forum discussion revolved around placing it just before or just after distortion, and the subtle differences in tone. I happen to have mine just before distortion at the moment. It's an indespensable pedal on my board.

• Members

I've got an older version of the Super Chilli Picoso and a Fat Boost 2 and I prefer the Fat Boost. I tend to use my SCP as a buffer only, but the newer SCP with the fat switch will no doubt be more versatile but the treble and bass controls on the FB give it an edge for me.

• Members
I just read the reviews here, outstanding. Someone mentioned it easily replaced their MXR 10 band eq, and that's just what I'm thinking of doing. One less pedal to mess with too.

The RC replaced my modded Boss GE7. My search for a boost ended when I got the RC.

• Members

does it act like an Eq?

and what are the differences with the AC RC and whatever other ones there are?

RC = real clean. Meaning, the one with the least amount of gain on it. More of a boost pedal and tone shaping pedal, that also has some gain to it. Which is exactly what I am looking for. Ordering one tomorrow.

Archived