what to plug into first ? Morley or Boss ?

anunnaki

• Members

I plan on buying a couple of Morley pedals - Lil alligator and Bad Horsie II; now, to maintain the best tonal quality, should i plug first into the morley and then some boss pedals i have, or first into a boss pedal and then the Morleys? :confused:

Thanks !

• Members

The fact that you are trying to organize your pedals based on their brand instead of the actual function of each pedal is quite asinine and is just something that nobody does... which is why you will not get a straight answer to the question you are asking.

--edit--

If you are wanting to know which ones have the better buffer, it, once again, comes down to the specific pedal. I'm not all that enlightened on Morley pedals, but I can confidently say that some Boss pedals have much better buffers than others. And this is the case with many other manufacturers, so I assume that the Morley ones vary as well.

• Members

I'm not organizing them by brand, but by function; i'm not an idiot. BUT I was wondering which pedal brand usually has the best buffer, is all. It all boils down to Boss NS2, Morley lil alligator, and bad horsie; all of which i already mentioned...

• Members

This is my experience with the Morley buffer:

I play ESP guitars with EMG pups into a Morley Bad Horsie II or Dragon was as the first pedal in my chain.

Besides being a great sounding wah, its buffer made my tone very clear. All the right frecuencies came through, loud and clear. I also tried some Dunlops, Vox and some other wahs. Some chopped of the low end, some muffled the high frecuencies.

Some people go into the Boss TU2 tunner first. I tried this a couple of times, but I was hearing tone loss like the Dunlops and Vox wahs I tried, but slightly better. The Morley wahs bypass sounds crystal clean and my signal goes into 9 other pedals.

I play metal, but I do use a clean sound, and a great clean tone is not that easy to get cause they unmask all the {censored}ty pedals who claim to have great buffered bypass.

• Members
I plan on buying a couple of Morley pedals - Lil alligator and Bad Horsie II; now, to maintain the best tonal quality,
should i plug first into the morley and then some boss pedals i have, or first into a boss pedal and then the Morleys?
:confused:

Maybe because your thread title and initial post is confusing that's why some of the folks here are having a hard time responding to your query.

• Members

Well the NS-2 is a noise reduction pedal, don't put it first, and use the send/return function on this pedal, otherwise it is close to useless. Put the Morley first. Then use the NS-2 and your dirt pedals in the NS-2 loop. Make sense?

Archived