Vox DA5... anyone have experience with this little amp?

hangwire

• Members

how is the clean, reverb, and trem?

I never use the trem/reverb setting. The amp itself sounds excellent clean as does the reverb. I like the chorus on it a lot, too. If you're thinking of getting one do it because I can't think of a better portable amp in that price range.

• Members

I never use the trem/reverb setting. The amp itself sounds excellent clean as does the reverb. I like the chorus on it a lot, too. If you're thinking of getting one do it because I can't think of a better portable amp in that price range.

well, that is the issue now, because I can't seem to find the classic looking one anywhere anymore, and I really don't like the silver grill or off-colored ones

• Members

It is a great little traveling amp. Its clean tone is good considering the size but i would suggest sticking an eq in front of it; makes it sound like heaven. When i had mine at college i had it setup to immitate my AC15 and it did it pretty damn well. i usually always kept mine on the 5w mode.

The efffects are decent. I liked the roatary speaker, chorus, verb was decent, and the trem was just a trem (i have no interest it them). I found the setting that had combo effects to be weird. They paired up really weird effects with eachother like fro example, Phaser and comp or chorus and verb.

Overall its really good for on the go stuff and when i was at college i had a 5 pedal setup and it sounded pretty damn close to my home rig minus some depth, flexibiliy and of course the loudness factor.

But i wantz a Pathfinder right now so i sold mine off.

Archived