Melxowtone mods - Anyone did one?

Belt

• Members

all the mods don't require any cutting of original wires, and they dont touch the pcb whatsoever. just some desoldering, and adding new parts/wires.

an on off switch would be very easy riley, if you want help PM me. all you need is a little toggle switch and a couple bits of wire.

• Members

an on off switch would be very easy riley, if you want help PM me. all you need is a little toggle switch and a couple bits of wire.

Yeah I shouldn't be such a {censored} ... I just know I'm gonna jack up the enclosure or something if I decide to start drilling for a switch.

• Members

all the mods don't require any cutting of original wires, and they dont touch the pcb whatsoever. just some desoldering, and adding new parts/wires.

I was talking about cutting the enclosure. Wires can be replaced. But the enclosure is sweet.

• Members

Mine still seems to quiet, compared to the bypassed signal the volume drops a lot, and i have the trim pot on full..might try a few things, However, it sounds awesome even if it was quiet, great for noise!

I'd PM eric about that, mine is on boosted volume half way..

• 7 months later...
  • Members

i cant find the original mod info, but if there is a specific mod you want to do i will walk you through it.

1.dc jack

2.3pdt with led

3. gain control

4. briteness/voicing mods

5. volume control.

6. lpf tone control

all mods are at your own risk though.

if youw ant external knobs you can always put them on the side so as not to harm the graphic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The only "mod" I've done is drilled a small hole where I'd normally want a DC jack. I put a rubber grommet in it, and put a longer battery snap in it so the snap end is outside of the enclosure. I like it with batteries, but I hate taking 4 screws out to change batteries. I guess that's why on most of the pedals I build for myself, I don't use battery snaps.

:idk:

Archived