travel case for Oxygen

J.Paul

• Members

I am thinking about getting an Oxygen or M-audio to trigger soft synths and loops to record while I'm traveling.My question is : what do you use for a case? They have soft cases available but that is unacceptable for travel with a semi or trailer.The local "Guitar Center" dude offered a full size hard case but the Oxygens (and M-Audios) are half the size.WTF?

Don't they make hard case for these things?

The oxygens (and all the 25-keys controllers, btw) were designed for the laptop warriors, which really want their midi controller immediately available next to them, in a weight-less case they can take anywhere.

That is why the most of travel cases will be soft. M-Audio has three models: oxygen tank, Studiopack -for computer and controllers / studiopack deluxe (with wheels).

I have had mine (a studiopack deluxe) and it has lasted three years now. And it really delivers. Never had an accident with the laptop or all the gear I take with me.

... of course, if you need a hard case, I'm afraid it would be kinda difficult to find for a 25-keys model. Korg's microX includes its own hard case but it is a synth, not only a midi controller.

• Members

I am thinking about getting an Oxygen or M-audio

but the Oxygens (and M-Audios)

Besides the M-Audio Oxygen, to what other M-Audio product are you referring? the Axiom 24 or Ozone?

http://www.midiman.net/index.php?do=products.list&ID=midikeyboardcontrollers

As others have stated, I doubt anyone makes a hard case for these. You could probably put them in a briefcase or any small case that had foam you could customize.

• Members

Besides the M-Audio Oxygen, to what other M-Audio product are you referring? the Axiom 24 or Ozone?

As others have stated, I doubt anyone makes a hard case for these. You could probably put them in a briefcase or any small case that had foam you could customize.

That was just a typo

I would probably do the Key Rig 49

• Members

Thanks for all your responses

I really don't know what I"ll get but I DO know that I don't need a full 61 or 88 key model.

I have extra pedalboards that the Key Rig 49 or Ozone will fit in.

I wish my retail dude had been as articulate and informed as "Guy Lozada" had been instead of just scratching his head.

I'm still getting educated as a consumer

Archived