BOW FOR GUITAR

sdresdre

• Members

It's a good thing you're not planning on using it live, unless you really do something creative, and amazing with it.... it's kind of hack-ee.

If using a bow live makes you a hack, using one on a recording makes you a hack too.

• Members
yeh, they "destroyed"

fer sure
:freak:

Big Wreck was massive. I'm not sure what pills you're on but everybody has their own opinion so that's cool.

Just huge down-tuned guitars with perfect production... oh man

Hugely spaced out fragile chords that are just crushing - nevermind the simplicity behind such overwhelming songs like 'Broken Hands'

When I roll into work tomorrow I think I'll just cruise on some 'In loving memory of'

If you want to question Ian's authority over the guitar then by all means do so but...ha...yeah I'm not going to be the sole person disagreeing with you :lol:

• Members

Well it really doesn't matter what kind of bow you get so much. A violin/viola or cello bow are really quite similar. A bass bow on the other hand not so much... If its any reashurance that I know what I'm talking about my first instrument was a cello, so yes, I have pulled a jimmy page with the cello bow and I also tried my brothers violin bow (I've also used the violin its self while screwing around...). The difference between the two bows was unnoticable.

Word of caution though, rosin is a bitch to get off strings and pickups, use a cheapie guitar if you do it with any regularity. Plus, buy a synthetic bow with fake horse hair and no wood. It'll be $30 versus $100 for a insignificant change in sound.

Archived