BOW FOR GUITAR

sdresdre

• Members

no, im not going to use it live. only at home. even if it sounded amazing i dont think i could live with myself

Couldn't live with yourself? Are you embarassed because you aren't being completely original? If it has the sound you are after... use it... if everyone adopted that mindset, no instrument would have become popular.

I personally find Jonsi's method counterintuitive... The cello bow was refined for a cello position, adopting it for guitar use will have its obvious ergonomic issues. Perhaps the older-style violin bows (with the crescent shape) would be easier to use with a guitar.

• Members
what bows are good for guitar? violin? cello?
:confused:

no, im not going to use it live. only at home. even if it sounded amazing i dont think i could live with myself
:o

Thank god, I was going to have to kill you otherwise.

• Members
come on dood..... im sure you can see how this would be just a LITTLE different.
:rolleyes:

300px-ViolguitarLGambara_Ita1560.jpg

Bowed guitars go back as far as the 1500's, and even further in Spanish culture...

I see you not wanting to be conventional, but then caring about how people perceive your unconventionality.

• Members

You can only use it live if you have a jumpsuit with a dragon on it.

Don't the hairs on it, or whatever they use, shred pretty easily? During the Song Remains the Same, Page's was about half shredded-might not be cost-effective.

• Members

I {censored}ing HATE HATE!!!!!!

It's a good thing you're not planning on using it live, unless you really do something creative, and amazing with it.... it's kind of hack-ee.

Cello would definitely be the best. I don't think anyone uses violin bows for guitar. :confused:

• Members
No, a bit sensitive are we?
:cop:

If being gay makes you closer to playing like Jonsi then go for it!
:love:

just stating facts chum. i just took your comments with a large box of salt. based on your avatar you shouldn't be commenting on anything to do with music.

• Members
300px-ViolguitarLGambara_Ita1560.jpg

Bowed guitars go back as far as the 1500's, and even further in Spanish culture...

I see you not wanting to be conventional, but then caring about how people perceive your unconventionality.

That might be a guitar but you can tell by the bridge it was made for a bow

• Members
That might be a guitar but you can tell by the bridge it was made for a bow

It's actually a viol de gamba. Viol's are the step-brother of the Gittern, which in turn became the guitar.

gittern_mandora_cittern_maybe-wire_Maste
serra%20gittern.jpg

200px-Jan_Vermeer_van_Delft_013.jpg

It turned into the renaissance guitar which was then played among the most elite... and the guitar really only came into power in america during the advent of blues. At one time, 90% of all instruments sold commercially in America were BANJOS. The banjo used to be the modern guitar.

Archived