Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe

• Members

Someone in my area just listed a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe on Craigslist for $70. A vibe pedal wasn't on my list of things to acquire, but I'm wondering if maybe I should jump on this deal. I play an Epiphone Dot and a PRS SE Singlecut, and I have eventual plans to get a Tele. My current pedal setup is MXR Auto Q->Guyatone ST-2 compressor->TS-9->DS-1->Little Big Muff. I play into a Valve Junior, which is enough for me since I only play at home and record.

I just got the Auto Q yesterday (so far so good), and I'm planning on adding a EHX Small Clone (chorus) and an EHX Stereo Pulsar (tremolo) in the near future. I've read many good things about the Micro Vibe, but I'm wondering if I really need that effect given the "shimmer" feature of my Auto Q and the tremolo pedal I'm about to get. Thoughts?

• Members

Someone in my area just listed a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe on Craigslist for $70. A vibe pedal wasn't on my list of things to acquire, but I'm wondering if maybe I should jump on this deal. I play an Epiphone Dot and a PRS SE Singlecut, and I have eventual plans to get a Tele. My current pedal setup is MXR Auto Q->Guyatone ST-2 compressor->TS-9->DS-1->Little Big Muff. I play into a Valve Junior, which is enough for me since I only play at home and record.

I just got the Auto Q yesterday (so far so good), and I'm planning on adding a EHX Small Clone (chorus) and an EHX Stereo Pulsar (tremolo) in the near future. I've read many good things about the Micro Vibe, but I'm wondering if I really need that effect given the "shimmer" feature of my Auto Q and the tremolo pedal I'm about to get. Thoughts?

They are a lot of fun & sound great. If you are into the SRV, Hendrix, Trower thing The MV is great.:thu:

• Members

Well if finances are tight, and this wasn't on your radar screen, then I might pass. Not like you can't pick them up for around this price on ebay. I have a BBE Soul Vibe that is pretty decent, and you can pick them up for $70-90 used as well. I think you'll find the tremolo and chorus more useful.

• Members

Is the chorus sound you can get out of a Micro Vibe good enough to justify getting it instead of getting the Small Clone or some other dedicated chorus pedal?

I use to own a microvibe... it's a REALLY nice univibe clone for cheap.

Not the same as a chorus though.

It's actually a phase shifter... one of the first, if not the first, phase shifters.

• Members

Is the chorus sound you can get out of a Micro Vibe good enough to justify getting it instead of getting the Small Clone or some other dedicated chorus pedal?

If you looking for authentic Jimi sounds, this is probably the best cheapest alternative. But it's not as versitile as a good chorus.

I recently kicked a Micro Vibe off my board and am currently using a Ibanez CS9 Chorus in it's place. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

• Members

Micro vibe is a nice pedal. Diferent animal than a chorus though. There's a bit of overlap but they handle different parts of a spectrum I guess I'd say. I got a microvibe and a boss ce2 chorus. Use them both but the chorus more. Done some gigs without the microvibe but very few without the ce2. We're replacing a guitarist and we did a show last night with just one guitar. Microvibe is real handy in that situation. Adds texture to your sound. With two or more guitars I use it less often.

• Members

$70?. Get it.

That was my initial instinct. :cool:

I think I'll get this (if it hasn't sold already), and get the Small Clone from someplace that allows returns like GC. So then if I decide it's not enough of a difference I can take the chorus pedal back.

• Members

Ok, I'm buying it from the guy on Craigslist. It was $75, not $70. I pick it up tomorrow night. Here's my next question. For those of you with vibe pedals, do you generally put them before or after the distortion? My guess is that after the distortion makes the most sense, since that's where I'd put a chorus pedal.

• Members

I just played a micro vibe for the first time two weeks ago. I really liked it. I'm going to get it at some point. Nice sound. Very simple.

I really like the flexibility of the stereo pulsar. If you tweak the waveshape knob, you can get some really interesting sounds. The depth knob can give you subtle or in your face sounds, too. Great pedal. If you put that in your chain in front of the auto q, it should trigger the wah sound with a square wave form. That would sound pretty cool. The one problem with it is the lack of tap tempo.

You definately wouldn't make a mistake going with either pedal.

• Members

Ok, I'm buying it from the guy on Craigslist. It was $75, not $70. I pick it up tomorrow night. Here's my next question. For those of you with vibe pedals, do you generally put them before or after the distortion? My guess is that after the distortion makes the most sense, since that's where I'd put a chorus pedal.

I like my vibes after distortion.

• Members

With vibes I generally put them after fuzz and before overdrive... however, in the case of the MicroVibe I found it worked better before all dirt.

• Members

Yes if you've never tried one, no if you're going to keep it. Murders cleans..

There's quite a few accurate reproduction/boutique models available. I'm saving up for an Uber Vibe but you may wanna play it safe with the KR Mega.

Archived