Digitech PDS-8000

• Members

I love it! If you tap the left footswitch, it loops the current delayed sound untill you tap it again (no need to tap it repeatedly).

Really? I haven't used the looper that much lately but I didn't know that it worked that way. The manual confused me so I'm using it just as a straight up delay

• Members

disclaimer, I dont actually use the "loop" mode, just the actual delay mode (which has its own looper capability), so maybe it works differently

Thats what I do too right now. The loop and sample modes confuse me a bit. I like the fact that with the regular delay and you loop like a chord or something, you can turn the effect off without turning the loop off. So you can play something with the loop off and bring it back without having to rerecord it.

I think the DD20 does this? Not sure. But the PDS8000 is reducing my gas for a DD20.

• Members

yeah the PDS8000's hold function is really great (and unfortunatelly underated and unexploited in other pedals)

I'd take either the PDS8000 or PDS 20/20 over the DD20 anyday! (I own all three). hold aside, it's one of the most organic-sounding and warmest digital delays I've heard. just too bad the switches are flimsy and it uses an unconventional power jack

• Members

The convertor for the power supply is just a couple bucks and you can run the 8000 and 20/20 off any dasiy chain - Godlyke, One Spot, Boss ...

You might also want to check out the RDS series rack unit versions of those Digitech delays. I have an RDS8000 - 8 seconds of delay/looping, same 12 bit warm tone, plus the modulation controls of the 20/20. You trigger the Hold function with any cheap momentary switch.

The RDS units go for $75 to $150 on Ebay. The PDS8000 usually goes for closer to $300.

• Members

yeah the PDS8000's hold function is really great (and unfortunatelly underated and unexploited in other pedals)

I'd take either the PDS8000 or PDS 20/20 over the DD20 anyday! (I own all three). hold aside, it's one of the most organic-sounding and warmest digital delays I've heard. just too bad the switches are flimsy and it uses an unconventional power jack

I think its because of the 12 bit chip that it uses instead of the 24 bit that most digital delays use these days making the repeats sound grainier.

I take care in stomping my PDS. I don't stop it like I would stomp a Boss. :thu: I run the pedal with my PP2 clone and it works fine. Had a converter made for about $0.50.

But for me the neatest thing about the PDS is the fact that the level controls go to boost instead of just unity. I use it to drive the input of my amp a little harder.

Archived