Xotic Pedal Opinions

AnderMocs

• Members

I'm goin to New York on tuesday and I decided im gonna get an xotic pedal to start the upgrade of my dirt secton while i'm there. But i can't decide which one i want. Im gonna get an RC, AC, of BB. I still think im gonna get Fulltone OCD so i don't want to get one that's gonna make that redundant. So i think i want a RC or BB. I think i'd be happy with either. Does the OCD cover the same gain level as the BB. So as far as it looks, its probably gonna be the RC. Currently I have a RAT, and a Bad Monkey into a Mesa F100.

• Members

I bought the RC Booster recently from PGS. I just love this pedal. May be the best pedal in my setup. It doesn't have much gain, hence "real clean" but that's what I wanted. It replaced both my MXR 10 band EQ and my BBE Boosta Grande. It has made my sound cleaner, fuller, more vibrant, and works well with single coil guitars, and it even makes my LP much more useable for me. Simple controls, but they work so well.

I might step up and get either the BB or AC next (or maybe both). I use the RC early in my chain, right after my fuzz. It doesn't work as well with my Screwdriver as I hoped, but works better than I expected with my Emma Reeza. I might try it after my Screwdriver and see how that goes.

But overall, I am very impressed with the Xotic line, and would recommend at least the RC based on my results.

• Members

Play all three pedals before you decide which one to buy. I have a BB preamp and AC booster (and will buy the RC eventually too out of fanboi-ism :love:) and couldn't be happier. I got the BB first and was convinced it was the best OD pedal I've had yet, until I got the AC. :p

I really like them both though, I've stopped looking at OD pedals now and can concentrate on Fuzz GAS. :rolleyes:

Over the past few years I've used the OCD (version 2) Keeley DS1 and SD1, Maxon OD-808, Bad Monkey, etc and I have been very pleased with the Xotic effects. I got rid of all the other pedals which was tough to do being a gear pack rat and all. But I haven't missed them at all. They're expensive but money well spent imo.

Archived