Subdecay Echobox or MXR Carbon Copy?

Loobs

• Members

I'm looking for something to replace my DMM, it's just too big - and the fact that I can't power it from my PP2 annoys me. Getting a smaller pedal will also give me space to put my volume pedal on my board thus meaning I can have everything on my PT Jr. I also hate carrying around an extension lead and seperate wall wart. I love the gently vibrato'd warm tones it offers and want a very similar sound with a smaller footprint.

So...reccos?

• Members

and the fact that I can't power it from my PP2 annoys me.

you can, actually. it just requires a special cable. see the voodoo lab pedal power 2 plus cables page. i'm looking for one too. but i have no idea where to get one of those from. need to search through ebay.

anyway, you might also want to take earthquaker devices disaster transport into account as well. curehardy did a demo a while ago, you should check his video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5c6UJrxEc

they are all good pedals, but i still think dmm sounds best.

• Members

the DMM repeats seem to be much dirtier then the E.box. The repeats on the E.box are nice, clear and crisp. I think it could deff cope some DMM modulation sounds, seemed it do it very well.

And also if im not mistakend the E.box to me seems to be more versatile and i think has more delay time then the DMM.

• Members

the DMM repeats seem to be much dirtier then the E.box. The repeats on the E.box are nice, clear and crisp. I think it could deff cope some DMM modulation sounds, seemed it do it very well.

And also if im not mistakend the E.box to me seems to be more versatile and i think has more delay time then the DMM.

I Don't mind that it's cleaner. I will hang onto my DMM (if my financial situation permits) and use it in the studio because I love the way it sounds. But for live, band, convenience sake I feel it has to go. The Echo Box seems a no brainer solution. The PGS vid gives some very DMM-esque tones.

Archived